Having forum issues

Rogue_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a couple issues first i can only type at the begining of the reply box. I can not quote someone and get the cursor under their quote. Matter of fact there is no cursor at all.

Rogue_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using windows xp but have not had this issue till today. I even try posting from my iphone and usually the keyboard comes up and now its not.

Rogue_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(strange I can do everything as normal in private messages) When you click on the reply and the box comes up to type i can only type starting from the begining. And generally there is a cursor on the screen showing where your typing and thats gone. Say I quoted you I wouldnt be able to put the cursor under your quote and type there I can only type from the top. Also If I highlight the text and try using the delete button it does nothing. I can only delete using the backspace. Has to be something with my account cause Im on a differant cpu and its doing the same thing.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
ahh I see. Are you sure you haven't got 'Hide cursor while typing' enabled on your PCs?

edit: nvm you said it happened on iphone as well... try what sausagehead said, record it using cam studio.

Rogue_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sausage Head said:
can you record it with a desktop recording software?
http://camstudio.org/

Some issue with firefox cause now im in internet explorer and forum works just fine. I get the cursor and can type under quotes as usual. But that still doesnt explain my iphone issues.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
that's strange... sounds like something's happened on GBAtemp, does anyone know of any updates that have occurred that may have affected this?

BTW, what version of Firefox were you using? I just tried v5 (Aurora) and i'm having no problems.

Rogue_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizerzak said:
that's strange... sounds like something's happened on GBAtemp, does anyone know of any updates that have occurred that may have affected this?

BTW, what version of Firefox were you using? I just tried v5 (Aurora) and i'm having no problems.

Gonna update firefox now. Back to the iphone I can use fast reply just fine but not the full reply. Quite funky.

***edit*** updated to 4.0.1 and having the same issues.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
When adding a reply, please press the button that looks like the picture below once. It should toggle the edit mode for replies to the correct one.

rte-switch-editor.png

Rogue_Ninja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
When adding a reply, please press the button that looks like the picture below once. It should toggle the edit mode for replies to the correct one.

rte-switch-editor.png

Yay that worked. Thanks Minox. Everything works in firefox now.

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:

rte-switch-editor.png

I'm using Firefox / Windows XP and got exactly the same problem as Rogue_Ninja. And this method really solved the problem. Thanks so much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU