Hacking Has anyone the wiinja or cyclowiz yet?

Special2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

i'm just wondering if anyone already has the wiinja or cyclowiz yet. You find a lot of information on many sites but no user review.
So i start this thread and hope someone has already the chip and could write a (very short) review.
Do the RaweDump isos boot?
Can you play with them
Which DVD format did you use?

And please, no posts like "i haven't my chip yet but i'm waiting".

Thank you,

Special2k

macismonchen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i only wanted to add to this request that i would be happy about informations when and where (country) you bought you Wii (in case you know your chip-Number too) and any possible relationship between the used chip and Serial

vgopal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i got my one today from futura online.
all the descrambled isos i have work.
ritek dvd-r.
panasonic dms chip.
got on the 23rd dec in uk from amazon.

samkinn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello

Yes I received and installed a Wiinja chip today.

I have a PAL launch wii and the drive chip is labelled GC2-DMS

I ordered the wiinja from futura on the 27th of jan.

The chip came packaged in a small box and did not have a sticker on it. I forgot to record the number written on the top of the PIC.
It was not provided with any accessories or documentation of any kind and was the only item in the small jiffy bag.

Compared to installing a matrix or DMS chip in a PS2 installing the Wiinja was a breeze. The wii is very well designed and easy to disassemble. There are lots of guides out there but I will re-emphasise: Do as much research as you can. Make sure you have the proper tools and equipment. check and double check your work and TAKE YOUR TIME.

I used .022 rosin core silver bearing solder and thin kynar wire to connect up the chip. Before soldering the wire on I cleaned all contact points with a Flux pen which I would recommend as good practice for anyone.

I have so far tested the following PAL backups all burnt with nero:

Gottlieb Pinball classics - burned at 4x on taiyo yuden dvd-r played for about 20mins no problems

Rayman raving rabbids - burned at 4x on taiyo yuden dvd-r caused wii to crash the first time i loaded it but played fine for about 20mins after a reboot

Call of duty 3 (sushi) - burned at 4x on taiyo yuden dvd-r unfortunately for me the game is in german but seems to work perfectly

monkey ball (PI) doesnt work at all I can confirm but I see it has already been nuked

Luigis mansion -burned at 4x on taiyo yuden dvd-r works but has DRE when you get to the first door in the foyer but maybe that is down to me not burning it correctly.... perhaps someone could offer me some advice on burning cube games such as the correct nero settings...

My first post I hope it was useful to someone.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
samkinn, the only advice I could give (just from common knowledge, not experience) is that if you have problems with DRE's and/or games not working, burn at slow speeds (ie 2.4x) on high quality DVDRs (ie Verbatim).

The faster a DVDR is burnt, the less accurate the burn is, so it'll cause more DRE's.

crumpster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The faster a DVDR is burnt, the less accurate the burn is, so it'll cause more DRE's.

I've heard this over and over and while it seems to be true for some people, I have never experienced dre's with burning at the fastest speeds possible. The DVD/CDs are tested for reliability before they leave the factory. So if a disc is rated for 16x, you SHOULD be able to burn at 16x safely. I do use verbatim dvd-r's so maybe thats why i have had no problems. Btw, I've burned 12 WII Iso's at 16x on verbatim discs and I'm pretty sure I'll have no problem once i get a chip.

Special2k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i got my one today from futura online.
all the descrambled isos i have work.
ritek dvd-r.
panasonic dms chip.
got on the 23rd dec in uk from amazon.

First: Thank you for your first review. Also to samkinn. Great work!
vgopal: Which chip did you get? Winnja or cyclowiz?
EDIT: Oh, i just noticed that futura online is only selling the wiinja.
I'm also interested in an cyclowiz review because it seems that you can't get the wiinja in germany as easy (quick) as the cyclowiz.

Special2k

fsimonp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@special2k: i think the best way to order a cyclo is gamefreax and konsolenprofis.de
ive ordered a week ago and they are saying they will ship it today.
when it arrives this week i will write a short review...

cavadavi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also had no problems with my Wii backups on TDK DVD-R 16X. However I had DRE occasionally on some Gc backup on the same media (TDK DVD-R 16X). Tried at 2X, with no luck, it occurs some DRE. I will try a different medium, however I feel that GC games are much more sensitive to DRE than Wii backups.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is DRE?
unsure.gif

elderdakkar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fsimonp gamefreax canceled their cyclo offer. they don't wanna risk to deliver a chip that won't work on alle console generations. they modified their offer from cyclo to wiikey. maybe much better
biggrin.gif

greetings
dakky

fsimonp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fsimonp gamefreax canceled their cyclo offer. they don't wanna risk to deliver a chip that won't work on alle console generations. they modified their offer from cyclo to wiikey. maybe much better
biggrin.gif

greetings
dakky

yeah, i got luck because i ordered at konsolenprofis.de, they will deliver on 9.2 (hope so)

elomaniak

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
biggrin.gif

greetings
dakky

yeah, i got luck because i ordered at konsolenprofis.de, they will deliver on 9.2 (hope so)

i think they will ship it later
we will have to wait for the cyclowiz and the wiikey longer than our american friends

i wanna order my cyclowiz at the store where i bought my modded xbox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-