Hardware Has anyone seen a Wii video out to pc USB adapter?

Tom191

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've seen one before on a website, but I can't find it again. If anyone happens to know where to find it then I will love you.

Also, another question. Does a USBGecko always have output or does it only output anything when running homebrew apps or apps that specifically enable usbgecko output? I'm considering buying one, but I want to know a little more about it first.

Thank you all.

Tom191

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
toazron1 said:
Are you looking to get the video on the pc? I have a turner card which works great. They are pretty cheap too.
Screw a tuner card. Too much delay, and also you dont get a perfect image from it. I know this adapter cable thing did make it perfect, and the great thing about it is that the wii could be in any video output mode and the device would still send a near perfect image to the computer.

Luckily I do have a tuner card that I'm not using anymore so I guess that can suffice me for the moment being. But still have to find this device again. I should have bought it when I first saw it, but I was trying not to spend too much money at once on wii stuff. I've already bought quite a bit in the past couple of weeks.

Edit: Damnit, I've used up all my PCI ports on my computer. Pisses me off.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
my tv tuner card works fine without noticable delay, i used it a lot since got no tv on my room, just a PC LCD monitor

toazron1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My tuner card had a delay until played around with the settings in the software and I switch to using ffdshow decoders ect. Zero delay now.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know the cable you are refering to, think it was the first of its kind for a console, but after doing a quick google search has turned up no luck in finding one for you

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Id bet this cable is nothing more than a bog standard usb video input like any usb tv dongle has one.
Maybe with some levels of disguise but I doubt it.
And a lot less flexibility.

The key in pc tv/video is using the right software.
I remember the shitty bundled one with my bt848 (flyvideo?).
Was way slower then the homebrewed one I used.
And that tried to bruteforce some nonexistant encryption the whole time.

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use a capture card like the BlackMagic Intensity Pro, or a Hauppage or something. Works like a charm. You need a pretty big monitor to get the full Wii experience though.

pollocktrance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I am sure you know the Wii classic controller is ideal for certain types of games, very close resemblance to the old SNES controllers. The adapter also works with Classic Pro drivers, but I have not tried.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know the cable you're talking about, but I think something like that will need some kind of converter in it similar to an capture card (or a USB video adapter). So it shouldn't be much better than a good capture adapter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ