Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
The one thing that bugs me is, if you 'only' have the eshop ban, then unless you pre-loaded the digital copy you purchased there's no way you can play Sun/Moon online in a legit way because your fresh cia is obviously pirated because there's no way you could have gotten a digital copy from the eshop.

Now if we assume Nintendo can differentiate between physical and digital which they seemingly can and you still go online again, sure as hell Nintendo is coming after you again.

I'm gonna wait 15 days and not play online, unless it's a game I've used online prior to being eshop banned in case it's a temp one and not perm yet.

Last edited by LysergCooltyp,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For now you all have the same options we had yesterday,
1. Dump a legit LFS from a donor console and inject
2. Just use a different DS
3. Ride out the ban(?)
4. Be patient for a better solution

Robin64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The one thing that bugs me is, if you 'only' have the eshop ban, then unless you pre-loaded the digital copy you purchased there's no way you can play Sun/Moon online in a legit way because your fresh cia is obviously pirated because there's no way you could have gotten a digital copy from the eshop.

I think this isn't quite true. The eShop access is banned on the 3DS itself, but you can still access the eShop via the web and start stuff downloading to your 3DS. It's really weird, but it works. If you want to try for yourself, go to the web eShop for your region and download the new Swapdoodle, which is free. You'll see it appear on your 3DS, despite the 3DS being banned.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only that but if you don't have an NNID linked to the system and you're eShop banned, you can still update games through launching them and pressing "Y" with no problem.

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
For now you all have the same options we had yesterday,
1. Dump a legit LFS from a donor console and inject
2. Just use a different DS
3. Ride out the ban(?)
4. Be patient for a better solution

that might be sill question there but,
If I get the logic a system transfert does the same job right?
so basicly there is no issue at all to do this and safe for both console.
Imagine if that like system transfert that mean if you did a system transfert and you sell your older console and someone hack and stuff with your old console that isn't your anymore you would be banned.
That why I think if that work the same as systransfert then there shouldn't be any issue to share that LFS to anyone over the net ?

I hope you will understand what I try to say and sorry for my quite bad english there

Helix Fossil

DQ Fan Translator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I did the method involving editing SecureInfoA and injecting a blank nnidsave.bin. I've regained eShop access. However, purchases you made with your NNID will disappear from the home menu.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that might be sill question there but,
If I get the logic a system transfert does the same job right?
so basicly there is no issue at all to do this and safe for both console.
Imagine if that like system transfert that mean if you did a system transfert and you sell your older console and someone hack and stuff with your old console that isn't your anymore you would be banned.
That why I think if that work the same as systransfert then there shouldn't be any issue to share that LFS to anyone over the net ?

I hope you will understand what I try to say and sorry for my quite bad english there
Well that's exactly what we're waiting to see. If people that are sharing a legit LFS are going to get banned or not. If they do get banned and you're using a LFS from before a system transfer, it's safe to say the person with the console you're actually using the LFS of will be banned if you get banned again. Which is why no one is willing to give one out yet. Right now it's only safe to use one you've dumped yourself, from a console you still have possession of (morally anyway).

Last edited by Majickhat55,

ertre

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I did the method involving editing SecureInfoA and injecting a blank nnidsave.bin. I've regained eShop access. However, purchases you made with your NNID will disappear from the home menu.
Yeah, Bank and the SM demo became unusable for me after doing that.
I solved the demo and I couldn't access Bank due to the ban anyway.

TimodeJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did funny test.
My moveable.sed file that is Not banned, yet. had extra byte.
So I tried to make a longer LFS files with them and guess what it show error code 002-0102 I might have flagged myself as banned now :P
(conrupted LFS show as 002-0121 on my other 3ds.)
Did you manage to revert this by placing the old moveable.sed file back? Otherwise it might be an idea for me to back that file up as I have played online but haven't been banned yet.. :rolleyes:

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
Did you manage to revert this by placing the old moveable.sed file back? Otherwise it might be an idea for me to back that file up as I have played online but haven't been banned yet.. :rolleyes:
yes reverting back the file bring back old things like it was.

Reactions: TimodeJ

TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Trophies
XP
Country
I need help. Got a hold of a laptop and checked the files again.

The N3DS LocalFriendCodeSeed_B is different to the movable.sed. BUT

my old 3ds movable.sed is exactly the same as the movable.sed from the n3ds. They did system trasnfer to make that clear.

So does this means i can't edit the LFCS file with the movable.sed from my n3ds? Would it mean it would still be banned because the n3ds movable.sed is the same as my old3ds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol