Halo: Fireteam Raven announced for arcades

While a new mainline Halo game hasn't been announced yet, Microsoft has revealed that they've contracted 343 Industries, Raw Thrills, and PlayMechanix in order to create a Halo title for arcade machines. Requiring a 130-inch 4K screen to play, Halo Fireteam Raven is a lightgun game, with 4 player co-op or versus. According to 343, the game has been in development for a few years now, and is finally almost ready to release. It'll be available as an arcade exclusive game initially in Dave & Busters locations only, for North America this summer. By fall, it'll be available in other arcades across the United States and Canada.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
130 inches, damn.
I do like arcade shooters so this could actually be fun, I'll make sure to try it out if I ever get the chance. No arcades around here, but Singapore has them, and I go there almost every year to visit dad.

D

Deleted User

only 1 question-wtf is ''arcade''? \s
seriously tho, are we back in the 80's?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. Looks pretty neat, but I know I'll never get a chance to play it since the closest Dave and Busters is like two hours away, and there's a whopping 1 arcade near me that hasn't updated their cabinets in probably 20 years now.

Oh well.

Reactions: DarthDub
D

Deleted User

Sure, the graphics look pretty, but the gameplay looks meh as hell.

Only On-rails shooter I've ever really enjoyed was House of the Dead 3, I fucking LOVE that game. But this Raven looks boring as shit.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as I like the idea of a arcade rail shooter, I did not expect halo to be a game that be comes one. :wtf:

Second, I also don't like the type of guns, mounted turrets? I prefer something similar to the nes zapper. But I guess this is halo themed huh? :creep:

For the record, if anyone wants to play a 4 Player rail shooter, this game exist already on Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4 & Steam. The chances this halo game gets put on xbox or pc is possible with the idea it may be the first console game to use two monitors. :P

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: ov3rkill

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i didnt knew people still made new arcade games...

i can see this getting released on xbox live latter on like years later if ever the needing 2 screens in 4k is kinda wierd but i bet under the hood its just one xbox X in there lol.

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
As much as I like the idea of a arcade rail shooter, I did not expect halo to be a game that be comes one. :wtf:

Second, I also don't like the type of guns, mounted turrets? I prefer something similar to the nes zapper. But I guess this is halo themed huh? :creep:

For the record, if anyone wants to play a 4 Player rail shooter, this game exist already on Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4 & Steam. The chances this halo game gets put on xbox or pc is possible with the idea it may be the first console game to use two monitors. :P

That looks pretty cool

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The characters in game, kind of remind me of Metroid Federation Force.

If ported, I really doubt you would need two monitors. Also, would hate to be the person or people that breaks the machine. If that happens, of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I've tried prime once
    I've had better tasting battery acid
    +1
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    has anyone tried to move Pokemon save files from emulator to console?
    no, open up a thread in the forums for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He already asked earlier
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    I am trying to find someone with knowledge on that willing to help me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I and Hayato warned him not to, but he won't listen
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa,
    I don't listen? What didn't I listen at? I just want to know all the possible risks on that part
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    Hayato even said it's dangerous to backup the save files to CFW
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    how is this dangerous? A ton of people did this it's the most common thing to do with CFW
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Then do it
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    dude, whatever
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not trying to hate, I tried to help you in the switch noob thread by asking for you, but you don't want to accept the answers you got, so do whatever then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that bigonya squeezing bulmas tiddies
    +1
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa, Man, first of all thanks for your willing to help, much appreciated. But, it's not that I "don't want to listen", rather than I need soemone to EXPLAIN to me how and why all these are risky.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Putting your dick in certain areas is always a risk
    +1
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    For example, HOW is is risky to get banned if you extract the save files to the CFW?
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    isn't this proccess be done while you're offline?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We are not Nintendo, so we don't know exactly how/why/when they ban, but better to stay on the safe side and not do shady stuff, if you don't want to be banned. Hayato is one of the most knowledgeable ones here on the subject and I believe what he says.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    300 bucks hmmm lol
  • A @ ATEMVEGETA:
    @BigOnYa, Yes ofc we don't know how Nintendo bans work, but if there are situations where a lot of people have tried safely then we can at least assume that this path is pretty much safe. To say don't try anything homebrew relative just to be safe forever is the easiest thing to say to someone. What I am trying to figure out here is with which cases and what actions got most of the people their bans for.
    A @ ATEMVEGETA: @BigOnYa, Yes ofc we don't know how Nintendo bans work, but if there are situations where a lot...