Gaming Hacking a Psp

TheGoldenKing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry But I'm new to the Psp boards so I don't know much. I know to hack the older Psps you need to get a pandora battery and a magic memory stick. But I'm thinking of buying a new psp and I know that, that way doesn't work for the newest firmware(Or so I've heard). I've also heard of the Datel Battery which says It can hack the Newest firmware, but some people say it can't? So basically what I want to do is to hack the Psp for PsX emulation, So what is the best way to hack a new Psp?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheGoldenKing said:
Sorry But I'm new to the Psp boards so I don't know much. I know to hack the older Psps you need to get a pandora battery and a magic memory stick. But I'm thinking of buying a new psp and I know that, that way doesn't work for the newest firmware(Or so I've heard). I've also heard of the Datel Battery which says It can hack the Newest firmware, but some people say it can't? So basically what I want to do is to hack the Psp for PsX emulation, So what is the best way to hack a new Psp?

DATEL BATTERY was canceled it didn't hack the NEW psp's and SONY stepped in and ordered CEASE and DESIST!

atm there is no way to FULLY HACK the latest psp 3000's you can however run CHICKHEN exploit on them (mostly psp's using firmware 5.03) which temporarily fools the PSP into using a kinda custom firmware for loading iso and homebrew software
smile.gif

read the STICKIES in the psp section it tells you all you need to know!

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ChickHEN and GEN-A (or CFWE) aren't that bad once you're used to them. I use it, and the only thing you need to remember is that you need to put the PSP in standby, not shut it off.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, you can, but you'll have to reload it if you do. Putting it in standby, however, is not harmful to the system, and has no effect on the battery life whatsoever over 24 hours.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've had to reapply it a few times, but I use GEN-A (custom firmware) and it's because of the CXMB plugin screwing up I believe. I mean, it didn't happen before CXMB was on. It's weird - when I put it into standby, the light blinks once and then stays on, instead of going off like it's supposed to. I have to slide and hold the power switch up and shut off the PSP after that. No harm done to my PSP though, rebooting, going into ChickHEN, then booting GEN-A gets me back to where I started, with my CXMB plugin working again.

TheGoldenKing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so ChickHen and Gen-a are custom firmwares right. And you can only use them if you are on 5.03, but if I buy a new psp 3000 the firmware will probobly be higher, right? So is there anything you can do if You are higher than 5.03?

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, right.. and wrong. ChickHEN isn't a custom firmware; it's a homebrew enabling environment, so to speak. You can't run ISOs from ChickHEN or play PSX games, you can only run homebrew. However, GEN-A is a custom firmware, and you must run its loader from within ChickHEN to get it to start. From there, you're home free.

And if you accidentally update over 5.03 or get a PSP with 5.05 or higher, you're screwed for now. There's no known hack for PSP3000s and newer 2000s with firmware 5.05 or higher.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Not bad, but that just forced open a gateway to endless possibilities, just like the TIFF hack did for ChickHEN, which opened up for 5.03 GEN-A and CFWE. Who knows - a Twilight Hack-esque hack could be released for the PSP.
biggrin.gif

Spartan117H3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The MOHH Expilot is only confirmed on newer PSP 2000's. Also, you can't forget about CFWE. CFWE is supposedly an updated 5.03 GEN-A but there is one bug I've encountered so far, you can't run CXMB on CFWE, it will delete the plugin line in the VSH txt. This is why I swapped back to GEN-A. And no, running them both at the same time won't work
tongue.gif
, I tried.

I'm only running GEN-A for the CXMB but otherwise, I feel that CFWE is easier to navigate/is noob friendly and has a lot more features.

HEN runs for me usually 1-2 times, rarely 3 or more. The only problem is finding what method works for you.

Leaving your PSP in sleep mode will slowly drain your battery. It is not that significant in the short run but you have to remember that on the long run, batteries have a recharge count, they don't last forever. It will shorten your battery's overall life but once again, not by much and not that it matters, your battery will die nontheless after a couple of years of use.

TheGoldenKing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys if I bought a Psp1000 that is higher than 5.3 firmware can I still hack it using Pandora and magic memory method?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp