Hacking Hack advice 360 Jasper with dash/kernel 7363 and mfd 2009/07/14

skx7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all

Old console hacker, did many tsop flashes/modchip installs for the xbox1 and as well JTAG'ed my first 360 many years ago when free60 was still active. Obviously the JTAG'ed 360 died long ago with RSOD and due to private matters I become less active, not to say absent, in the console hacking scene. Back in the day I bought a backup console for which I opened today the box to find following console...

XBOX 360 ELITE - BLACK HALO 3 EDITION

- Jasper motherboard
- D: 7363
- K: 7363
- manufacturing date: 2009/07/14

Now I read the hacking guide over here and as well the one on /r/360hacks. When reading here the console should be JTAG'able with a dashboard <= 7371. I am happy as I let this 360 collect dust in the past as it was not JTAG'able at that time. However when I read the guide on reddit they also mention that my manufacturing date is too old and that the 360 has a patched CB which prevents the good old JTAG, confirmed?

With above information in mind, which hack do you advise? I like cheap and good quality. I want full homebrew enabled 360, not interested in dvd drive flashing for example. Thanks

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Easiest would be to RGH it.
You could update it to 14699 and use RGH1 on the box.

You could however double check the CB by dumping the NAND (NAND has to be dumped regardless) and loading it in 360 Flash Dump Tool.
If it's unable to be JTAG'd, update to 14699 and use RGH1.

skx7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

You could however double check the CB by dumping the NAND (NAND has to be dumped regardless) and loading it in 360 Flash Dump Tool.
Hi DinohScene, thanks for your reply. I will certainly verify if my CB is patched prior purchasing a RGH1 modchip. In case I have to RGH1, which board do you advise to purchase for above mentioned jasper? A Coolrunner Rev C? I am Europe based, do you know shops which still sell good jasper RGH1 boards? Thanks

skx7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Hi DinohScene, I did some further reading, wow, it's quite hard to jump back into the scene after all these years with all info scattered over the web :D

I fully agree to go for a RGH1 hack, can you confirm I need following items to buy to succesfully reset glitch my jasper? i am quite lost with all these addons and quick solder solutions.

=> J-R Programmer v2, NAND flasher, USB:
https://www.shop01media.com/en/ J-R-Programmer-v2-NAND-flasher-USB-TX

=> TX CR (Xecuter CoolRunner) JTAG Add-on board, reset glitch mod)for XBox 360, rev. C:

https://www.shop01media.com/en/TX-CR-Xecuter-CoolRunner-rev-c-clone-JTAG-reset-glitch-mod-XBox 360

And finally, do you know a good step by step tutorial to RGH1 a jasper motherboard? Thanks

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
But he isn't sure, it's worth checking before updating.

Has been said prior haha.

skx7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, that's the plan :) No worries, I prefer JTAG over RGH! So I ordered the JR programmer and the CR rev C already. Just in case :)

Reactions: DinohScene

deeSeeker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can always resell the Rev C or give it to one of your mates haha.

Hi DinohScene, I just started reading your guide so I apologize if this is a stupid question (and for the thread hijacking), but I picked up a xbox 360 slim 4GB during gamestop's free after rebate black friday sale and I was hoping to test it right away.

I grabbed Halo reach on ebay (figured it was missing from the master chief collection so I could use it on my xbox one too), but then thought it might have a on disc update that could be problematic for modding (I'v keept it disconnected from my wifi as well).

I believe it is a Trinity or Corona based on teh power plug
this is the system info;
d:2.0.17526.0 - K:2.0.17526.0 (BK:2.0.1888.0)
E:0FB7-68F7-B823-C8BA
X:3ADE-49BD-3EE8-DF62
And (I believe) a Lite-On drive.

Do I have anything to worry about from a disc based update? Or is my dash already high enough (I'm at 17526? Am I parsing that correctly?) that it doesn't matter?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can update it to the latest dash.
RGH doesn't care much about dash revisions.

If you are looking into RGH then you'd need a SD R/W kit (if it's a Corona) and a Ace V3 chip.

Reactions: brickmii82

devilhunter1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for pumping an old thread, came across the same exact console in near new condition, should I try to jtag it or return it to the seller?

many thnaks !

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for pumping an old thread, came across the same exact console in near new condition, should I try to jtag it or return it to the seller?

many thnaks !
Jaspers are one of the most reliable motherboards you can get besides one of the hackable slim models. You should be good to go to RGH 3 it as long as its compatible

(RGH 3 is still in beta and not compatible with all consoles)

For example, I have a jasper MW2 edition Xbox 360. I was able to get it to boot into Xell 1 whole time usinng RGH 3 but it was hella unreliable. So I had to move to a glitch chip

But I have another black elite jasper RGH 3 here that boots to xell/aurora damn near instantly

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

many thnaks !
Update to latest firmware then RGH. Jasper models are extremely sturdy and will hardly RRoD. Also if you're good at soldering you can mod it for less than 15 bucks.

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I personally wouldn't update, especially if it's on a kernel that can be JTAG'd.
JTAG is instaboot & more reliable.
Really? My RGH'd 360 never had issue and instaboots, but my case doesn't speak for everyone.

I also have a blades dashboard 360 (Xenon, of all models) at my place which basically has no uses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv