Hacking [GW] 9.5.0-22 BREAKS MULTI-ROM

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
and this separation is done by formatting sys or emu Nand ?

either one works. because all you want to do basically is for the console to create a new system folder in the SD card.

but usually it's better to format sysnand since when you create emunand the first time, all the stuff you had in sysnand get transfered over to emunand anyway.
so it makes more sense to do it in sysnand.

and the "formatting" term here means using the option inside Settings to format the system

Reactions: satel

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
either one works. because all you want to do basically is for the console to create a new system folder in the SD card.

but usually it's better to format sysnand since when you create emunand the first time, all the stuff you had in sysnand get transfered over to emunand anyway.
so it makes more sense to do it in sysnand.

very useful info,thanks very much. :)

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's due to your sysnand and emunand sharing the same system folder in the SD card. you need to separate them
No I don't think so because if that were the case wouldn't it be happening with all my installed CIA files because it only happens with those 2 games and those 2 games are the only 2 that are jap so it must have something to do with the region because all of my other CIA games don't do it, it is just those 2 installed jap CIA's that do it

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No I don't think so because if that were the case wouldn't it be happening with all my installed CIA files because it only happens with those 2 games and those 2 games are the only 2 that are jap so it must have something to do with the region because all of my other CIA games don't do it

It doesn't necessarily have to mean that. For example, I never had the gift bug even when I had both linked. So it's not the same for everyone. But the reason why it happens is. Or at least the solution used to solve it.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just find it strange because I never had the "gift bug" before either and then I installed those 2 games and 3d classic ecco the dolphin at the same time and Ecco doesn't do it but the 2 jap titles do and all my other US installed CIA's I installed previously don't do it either so that's why I think it has something to do with either the region or the way the person who converted them did the conversion

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I just find it strange because I never had the "gift bug" before either and then I installed those 2 games and 3d classic ecco the dolphin at the same time and Ecco doesn't do it but the 2 jap titles do and all my other US installed CIA's I installed previously don't do it either so that's why I think it has something to do with either the region or the way the person who converted them did the conversion

well.. the gift bug is caused mainly due to the fact of both sysnand and emunand sharing the same folder. Maybe in your case (and in mine before too) most of the CIAs aren't being affected by sysnand due to being in a folder that isn't being read while you're in sysnand or something. And possible the other two are in a folder that both emunand and sysnand use more and that's why they get affected.
The cause is something like that.

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Fuck. FUCK. I just read that no problems happened to emunand! Dammit! I just updated! Well, here's something else that happened. I had Fantasy zone 1+2 JP and Flipnote studio 3d JP installed (Region free cia) And post update they're gone. Ugh. UGHHh.
Why would you update?

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well.. the gift bug is caused mainly due to the fact of both sysnand and emunand sharing the same folder. Maybe in your case (and in mine before too) most of the CIAs aren't being affected by sysnand due to being in a folder that isn't being read while you're in sysnand or something. And possible the other two are in a folder that both emunand and sysnand use more and that's why they get affected.
The cause is something like that.

I can vouch for this. I actually downloaded the MH4U demo off the eShop and it happened. I just formatted the sysnand, logged into with my NNID on sysnand, and the problem vanished. Now I can freely move everything on my homescreen that is new as well as not have to open every present again.

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multirom doesn't appear when select button is pressed. However I've heard that you can still boot a rom if you only have one rom on the SD card and Gateway auto selects it.
Has it always been the case that official updates mess with multi menu pre new gateway emunand update, or is this new?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Has it always been the case that official updates mess with multi menu pre new gateway emunand update, or is this new?
Must be a new issue. Usually Emunand just doesn't boot. But this is one of the few that still does without a Gateway update. :P

it's not really a new issue. new firmware updates always mess with emunand. it's just that this time, it didn't affect all the patches done by GW and so emunand can still work aside from the multirom menu

Reactions: Margen67 and Stang

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not really a new issue. new firmware updates always mess with emunand. it's just that this time, it didn't affect all the patches done by GW and so emunand can still work aside from the multirom menu
Yea, I understood that all new updates caused issues until a patch came out, but I assumed emunand was flat broken till then. Interesting emunand is still accessible minus rom loading. Thank for the info guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🛌 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1