Hacking Guitar?

MarsXTC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry this is a really dumb question, but Im not sure. Is the GH Guitar , like an instrument? If it works would the USB ones work?... I thought the guitar didnt really count as an instrument

Alex666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I dont know if i got the question right but you want so use a REAL guitar to play guitar hero?!
If so i dont think its possible but who am i
biggrin.gif

MarsXTC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.... Im saying like The video game guitars, that they give you in GH, and rock band. But are those actually instruments like. CIOS 37 , is for music games,. And 56. But do those actually count as instruments like the video game drums and mic's

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand what you're asking. I think the guitar doesn't count with that; it should work no matter what because it's not USB. It's just another wiimote connecting to the Wii. I don't even think the drums count since they're in the same boat.

MarsXTC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Summersett said:
I understand what you're asking. I think the guitar doesn't count with that; it should work no matter what because it's not USB. It's just another wiimote connecting to the Wii. I don't even think the drums count since they're in the same boat.
Yeah I dont have drums, and I soft modded my brothers wii for him, and I dont want him pissy if it doesnt work. -.-. But will having 56 Definently let instruments work?

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
there are usb based instruments(gh mic + rb all) and wiimote based instruments(gh guitar+drums)
wiimote should work with any base
usb requires specific bases
56 works for that

but from my test waninkoko r20 has a bug regarding usb
at least my gh mic did not work if connected after the start of the game
only if already connected before
see wiipowers r20 test thread

MarsXTC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PsyBlade said:
there are usb based instruments(gh mic + rb all) and wiimote based instruments(gh guitar+drums)
wiimote should work with any base
usb requires specific bases
56 works for that

but from my test waninkoko r20 has a bug regarding usb
at least my gh mic did not work if connected after the start of the game
only if already connected before
see wiipowers r20 test thread
Too lazy, My brother doesn't have a mic and only drums and guitar. So Arent drums USB based?

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MarsXTC said:
.... Im saying like The video game guitars, that they give you in GH, and rock band. But are those actually instruments like. CIOS 37 , is for music games,. And 56. But do those actually count as instruments like the video game drums and mic's

Depends on the guitar. The Guitar Hero guitars work because they require a Wiimote to be in the guitar, so essentially you're just playing a wiimote. If you want to use a Rock Band 2 guitar though, as I recall, then you need the right cIOS installed as it uses a usb dongle just like the other instruments.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MarsXTC said:
Too lazy, My brother doesn't have a mic and only drums and guitar. So Arent drums USB based?

No there are both kinds.
But if you are too lazy to check/ask is they have a slot for a Wiimote or a USB connector or if they are GH or RB nobody can help you.
Thanks for wasting our time idiot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee