Hacking Guitar Hero 5

Gwallman31

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, found the game NTSC. I have Drivekey, turned on, import update blocker on, and when i put it in it asked me to update. Is it same with the drivekey, I haven't done anything with the WAD or something...and FYI I know its NTSC made a copy from a friends. Let me know i wanna play A.S.A.P.!!

NatureMade

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is a god after all xD
I finally got the game to load, oddly enough using uLoader rather than CFG or GX.
Set it to 222 and 223, both work [They're 38 merged with 37 installed]
Sadly, my Frontman GH Controller [Bought from Gamestop] will not work. It acknowledges a Wii mote has been plugged into a GH Controller, but the Buttons do NOTHING ;(

Luckily, my Rockband Drums and Mic work perfectly, so I'll be jamming out on those until I can purchase an Official GH controller. And also, whoever said you can play Guitar without a controller, is full of Horse Manure! Definitely NOT true.

Closing Notes: Music Store Special Offers = FTW!

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gwallman31 said:
Hey guys, found the game NTSC. I have Drivekey, turned on, import update blocker on, and when i put it in it asked me to update. Is it same with the drivekey, I haven't done anything with the WAD or something...and FYI I know its NTSC made a copy from a friends. Let me know i wanna play A.S.A.P.!!

Wut?

You can use the update, it will not disable or cause any homebrew issues. Also you could have figured that out if you read earlier in this thread.

Is that what you wanted to know ASAP...?

hawk20

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Warren_303 said:
hawk20 said:
Also got it working with above instruction.

But I have one little problem. Is it possible that SDHC card is not working in game?
Bought today a "Panasonic Silver 4 GB SDHC Class 4". Wii finds it (copied savegame on it) but GH 5 does not find it...
When I change to "normal" 2GB SD card no problem.

Why? Would anybody pls check with his / her SDHC card if it is working?
Is the problem maybe that ios 223 does not work with SDHC cards?

Thanks

my specs:
4.0E
cIOS-38 Rev14
with ios 223 and activatet fix 002
testet on Usbloader GX & CFG-Loader

I'm glad its working for you, I actually got GH5 working by using a 2GB not realizing that the game didn't work when I had my 4GB HCSD inserted. So yeah I can confirm this as well. This method will not work with HCSD cards (at least not for me, either). I have same specs that you have except 4.0U instead.

Is it possible that Cios 223 does not support SDHC - Cards?
Will there be an update?

Jacek

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Farmhousemedia said:
uljoe said:
I've got it to work through a disc loader.

Install this wad.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272838683/IOS5...-v5146.wad.html

Download and run multicios, and install IOS 37 as IOS 232.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272876067/multicios.zip

Download and run SoftChip, make sure to use IOS 232 and make sure the 002 Fix is enabled.
http://rapidshare.com/files/272875815/SoftChip.zip

Turn it up to 11 and rock out!

I can confirm that this works for DISC loading!

For Multicios, Install 37 with 37 as IOS 232. IF you get an error, try again. I got 2 errors before it worked.

Softmod WON'T read the disc unless you have IOS 232 selected, and yes enable the 002 fix.

THANKS ULJOE!

I just registered to GBAtemp to say thank to u both LOL, that worked just fine for me.

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
are any of the people who have it working using the NSTC version on a PAL wii. Ive followed all suggestions and always get a black screen. Im not sure what to set force video to, but i think ive tried all options.

will download the PAL version to see if i have better luck

ranyone

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have the Backup Launcher Gamma Channel and I don't know what to do to play GH5.
What updates I need to do in this launcher? And where I can get them?

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kosaic said:
Vsin said:
I'll repeat part of my post as this part may solve your problems:

My settings for USB Loader GX 1.0 rev 717 on this game only (not my global settings) are as follows:

Video Mode: Force NTSC
VIDTV Patch: Off
Game Language: English
Ocarina: Off
IOS: 223 (222 and 249 will flash the green screen then give the black screen, so maybe those can work with different settings?)
Parental Control: 0(Everyone)
Error 002 Fix: On
Patch Country Strings: Off
Alternate DOL: Off
DOL from disc: Off
Block IOS Reload: On

For me it seemed little things no one here is talking of made a difference for me such as Video Mode and Game Language.

I had tried MANY different mixes of options, and nothing worked.

Now, I have the EXACT same settings as above, and GH5 works perfectly. (for whatever reason, this combination of Game Load settings is the right mix.)

4.1U (wanin's updater)
cIOS rev14
USB Loader GX r719
Hermes 222/223 (with merged 36/37)

Hmm, after I got the game working, I noticed over the weekend that all works fine, except the microphone. (which works in GHWT perfectly)

Any thoughts on a resolution for this ?

dole

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I ripped my original disc with rawdump, used BrickBlocker to remove the update, but when loading with SoftChip (with 002 fix on, and IOS232 (from IOS37)) I just get an "Exception: Ioctl error (DI_ReadID)...

any suggestions? :/
Crap, I just (finally) found a thread that mentions the disc can't be regionfriied or brickblocked. Strange.

Yet another edit... I nabbed a torrent of it to try it out, it's been scrubbed, don't *think* it's been brickblocked and I still get the Ioctl error from SoftChip. Tried loading through Mrkinator's Rockband Launcher and I get a 002 error. WTH? :/

Does Hermes help in this case with disc loading or just USB loading? (as someone asked earlier...)

The original disc worked fine with SoftChip and IOS232 the first time. I haven't updated or changed any IOSes since I played the first time, don't want to use CIOSCORP, USB or SD. :/

Gwallman31

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Warren_303 said:
Gwallman31 said:

Wut?

You can use the update, it will not disable or cause any homebrew issues. Also you could have figured that out if you read earlier in this thread.

Is that what you wanted to know ASAP...?

I don't have any homebrew, i have the drive key chip. I wanna know if I can update without changing the wad and it won't brick the wii......NTSC system, NTSC game....does anyone know if this will brick the wii if i Update?

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really am a noob at all of this stuff so I have another stupid question. Are there any prerequisites to installing IOS56-64-v5146.wad with the wad manager? I dont want to install it without doing something else first and then screw up my wii. Also, is alll of this Hermes stuff for people using dvd backups too or is it just for the usbloaders? What would be the best method for someone like me, who is using dvd backups and NOT a usbloader? Im using a 3.2U wii

dgil72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacek said:
Farmhousemedia said:
uljoe said:

Install this wad.

Download and run SoftChip, make sure to use IOS 232 and make sure the 002 Fix is enabled.

For Multicios, Install 37 with 37 as IOS 232. IF you get an error, try again. I got 2 errors before it worked.

Softmod WON'T read the disc unless you have IOS 232 selected, and yes enable the 002 fix.

THANKS ULJOE!

I just registered to GBAtemp to say thank to u both LOL, that worked just fine for me.

unsure.gif

Hi all,
Am i doing anything wrong here?
I did the above method but when i go to load the game from softchip (R99) and tell it to use ISO232 it just freez (all text is gone and just the top line stays after i press A to confirm).

about this step: "Download and run multicios, and install IOS 37 as IOS 232"
When you run multicios it asks you what IOS to load to (i think) - Should i choose 249 or 232 and than go on to install ios37 as ios 232??
I do not want to mess up my IOS249 which i use to all games so far...

I use softchip through ISO249 all the time to load games and it all runs great.
(the only problems i have are with ghostbusters,gh5,and rock band 2 whic do not load - i guess all for the same reasons...)

Thank you for your help!

madillma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this working, just wanted to share my setup:

My Wii is 4.0U - I ran the GH5 update off the disc, no worries. One very cool thing I noticed after this update: you can see your Wii console friends inside the GH5 game, no seperate friend code needed.

I use Configurable USB Loader v42. Tried to load it up, blank screen.

Tried to install Hermes cios 222/223, but it did not give me option for 37 merged with 36. I realized this was because I had version 3.0B of Hermes' installer. Downloaded version 2.8D by changing the URL on the link to the installer and voila - was able to install as ios 37 merged with 36.

Set options in Cfg USB loader to load GH5 with Hermes ios 223 and fix 002 enabled (not sure this last is needed, but it works)

Success! I have run ios downgrader v11 in the past so I was worried I was going to have to go through a lot more crap to get it to run, but cios 222/223 did the trick.

All my RB instruments work with no stuttering whatsoever - and I've played at least 20 songs. Warning to fellow RB players - the GUI on this game feels incredibly cheesey and annoying if you're used to Rock Band. Great songlist in GH5, but vastly inferior gameplay.

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
not sure if this'll help anyone.

ive a PAL wii, 4.1 usbloader gx, tried everything to get the NSTC version of GH 5 working, followed everything on here, installed that wad, reinstalled my 222 and 223 to no avail, tried ever force video settings nowt but black screen.

downloaded PAL version and works on 223 and block reload. only have microphone but sang Feel Good till i was too embarrassed in case my neighbours heard.

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dgil72 said:
Jacek said:
Farmhousemedia said:
uljoe said:

Install this wad.

THANKS ULJOE!

unsure.gif

Hi all,
Am i doing anything wrong here?
I did the above method but when i go to load the game from softchip (R99) and tell it to use ISO232 it just freez (all text is gone and just the top line stays after i press A to confirm).

about this step: "Download and run multicios, and install IOS 37 as IOS 232"
When you run multicios it asks you what IOS to load to (i think) - Should i choose 249 or 232 and than go on to install ios37 as ios 232??
I do not want to mess up my IOS249 which i use to all games so far...

I use softchip through ISO249 all the time to load games and it all runs great.
(the only problems i have are with ghostbusters,gh5,and rock band 2 whic do not load - i guess all for the same reasons...)

Thank you for your help!

I got Ghostbusters to run on NeoGamma...hmm... OK, anyway, to answer your question make sure when you run multicios its ios37 with ios37 as ios232. And doing that (along with having softchip use ios232, and the 002 fix) I've been able to run GH5! Sooooo... lemme know if you need more clarification (though I'm a bit of a noob at all this myself) But I'll let you know what I did.
Oh, and did you install the wad in the first link (even though it's a broken link, you need the wad. a quick google search should do the trick)

Lloyd14

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
tripellex said:
tripellex said:
Okay guys, we seem to go through this headache everytime a new extremely anticipated game is released, and that is, mixed issues of compatibility, etc (Ghostbusters comes to mind). So here's my suggestion: IF you have the game working for you, then tell us EXACTLY what you have installed, to the best of your knowledge. This includes:

• What loader (if any) you are using, and whether or not you are using a disc loader (like Gecko or NeoGamma), USB loader or disc channel
  • What settings in said loader you are using
  • What cIOSes you have installed
  • What system firmware you are using
  • Whether or not you have a Modchip or not

Thats IF you have the game running. So please, give your fellow gamers a hand IF you have it working. Thanks.

I can confirm Cookie's method of getting it to work. No offense though, Cookie, but you should have just posted it here rather, which I'm going to do. Seems pointless to go sign up for another board when this one is just as good for posting.

From Cookie's original post at WarezBB:

This is My Guide to Getting Guitar Hero 5 to load up useing Usb loader gx

Install this wad via wad manager

its required to play!

Download Hermes IOS

http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223

Im assumeing you already have Usb Loader Gx (latest Build)
and the Hombrew Channel installed

1. step load up Hommebrew Channel
2. start the cIOS 222 Installer
3. Read the warning message and push A
4. Select IOS249 to perform the install and press A
5. Select to Install Custom IOS 222
6. The Select IOS merged with IOS60 & 36
7. Let it Install and Reboot.
8. Open Up Homebrew Channel (may Restart in homebrew Channel
9. tart the cIOS 222 Installer
10. Read the warning message and push A
11. Select IOS249 to perform the install and press A
12. Select to Install Custom IOS 223
13. The Select IOS merged with IOS60 & 36
14. Install it
Now When you done installing it Open Usb Loader gx
now find Guitar Hero 5 and and Go to settings and select ios 223 and activate fix 002 and press b and then click on the disk and it should work.

Note that this is not mine, but Cookie238's guide, he/she deserves the credit.

When i do this will I still be able to play old games that require another cios?
And does this also work for Guitar Hero 5 PAL, cuz I got here throug a link from Guitar Hero 5 U.

benjs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rvargas1 said:
Hey guys... tried this and it works..

QUOTE(uljoe @ Aug 29 2009, 07:18 AM) *

Install this wad.

I am using the disc loader, dont have a USB drive. Gamma loader doesnt work, softchip is good enough.

Thanks everyone, I am off to play GH5!!
yay.gif
I'm on firmware 4.0U. I've done the Hermes CIOS 37 merged with 36 on 222 successfully, and have installed the WAD. For MultiCIOS, it didn't give me an option for ios37 with ios37 as ios232 - rather ios36 with ios37 as ios232. I did that, however, encountered an error twice, then successfully did that. I then used SoftChip, set it to IOS 232 and enabled the 002 Fix. When I start the game, however, all I encounter is a black screen. I'm assuming this is because I did IOS36 with IOS37 as IOS 232, rather than 37 with 37 as 232.. does anyone know how to get that option to display, or at least how to resolve this problem? Thanks!

rvargas1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnwchbammer said:
rvargas1 said:
Hey guys... tried this and it works..

QUOTE(uljoe @ Aug 29 2009, 07:18 AM) *

Install this wad.

I am using the disc loader, dont have a USB drive. Gamma loader doesnt work, softchip is good enough.

Thanks everyone, I am off to play GH5!!
yay.gif

Can anyone confirm this works? And does anyone have any mirrors to those links?
And by disc loader... just the disc channel? or do you have a modchip?

IT WORKS IT WORKS. This doesnt use disc channel, for me, I used softchip mentioned above which is used via the homebrewchannel. I hope you have that one already there. The 1st WAD can be extracted from the GH5 ISO, there is a tool for that. I dont have mirrors for those other programs but if you google them you will surely find them around..

hl23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my wii works fine with all other games

I am at 4.1

I have a wiikey version 2

I have boot mii/bannerbomb working fine
and the Homebrew channel working

I cannot get guitar hero 5 nor rock band beatles working

I start GH 5 fine from the disk channel then its loading the bar goes all the way across almost with the two guys on the GH 5 menu
then it says error

Any ideas or do I just have a bad version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart about...