Hacking Guitar Hero 5

FloppyKing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ hellmonkeys

I had same issue.... use NUSD to redownload IOS56 v4890 wad file and install that again then it loads fine as they've described above.

mastaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cios 233 37/36 method worked for me, Thanks a lot guys. I'm glad i get to play this early, I'll still buy it for the 360 on tuesday

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BenGrimm said:
about the rumored needing 4.1, not true, people are running this on 3.2
I wasn't even able to get it to boot without CIOS38 Rev14, didn't work on 4.0 with older CIOS revisions. I am working to try and get it working with USB Loader GX using WiiScrubber but for some reason the fucking WinRAR archive won't extract the ISO for the game.

Shinobi-wan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mastaj said:
The cios 233 37/36 method worked for me, Thanks a lot guys. I'm glad i get to play this early, I'll still buy it for the 360 on tuesday

Confirming that this method does work, and it loaded in USB Loader GX as well.
biggrin.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed working with Hermes IOS. I had installed 222 as 37 merge 36 and that works (using Configurable USB Loader). I also tried 223 as 38 merge 36 and that did NOT work.

So, you can install 222 as 37 merge 36 OR 223 as 37 merge 36. Either of these installs will allow the game to work with Configurable USB Loader. I did not test any other loaders...

spark32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am on 3.2U & this is what I have tried with no success. I'm Using a USB Loader, USB Loader GX, the most lastest version.

Install IOS56-64-v5146.wad -Black Screen when loading GH5

Install Hermes cIOS 222 & 223 (tried 223 merged with IOS60 & 36 http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223, tried IOS36 merged with 37) - Black Screen when loading GH5

Use Uloader - Won't even read my USB device

Install IOS-64-v4890 - Black Screen when loading GH5

Can anyone tell me what to do?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
heres a rally noob question but a fair one as i have never played a Rock Band, Guitar Hero or any other music game that uses instruments for the wii.

Do they need the instruments or can the remote or other extentions be used?

just a simple yes or no would do no sarcy comments pls

Posts merged

spark32 said:
I am on 3.2U & this is what I have tried with no success. I'm Using a USB Loader, USB Loader GX, the most lastest version.

Install Hermes cIOS 222 & 223 (tried 223 merged with IOS60 & 36 [url=http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223]http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223[/url], tried IOS36 merged with 37) - Black Screen when loading GH5

what cIOS 249 do u have, and are you using the bottom/left port for uloader?

R0FLC0PT3R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pepxl said:
heres a rally noob question but a fair one as i have never played a Rock Band, Guitar Hero or any other music game that uses instruments for the wii.

You need the instruments

spark32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pepxl said:

Posts merged

spark32 said:

Install Hermes cIOS 222 & 223 (tried 223 merged with IOS60 & 36 [url=http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223]http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223[/url], tried IOS36 merged with 37) - Black Screen when loading GH5

what cIOS 249 do u have, and are you using the bottom/left port for uloader?

You need the instruments to play this these versions of guitar hero. In guitar hero 3, you could use the Wii Remote because it wasn't required for a microphone. But since full band was introduced, you do need an instrument to play.

And I'm using CIOS249 Rev 13B (I think that's it, that's the Waninkoko CIOS right?)

Edit: and I'm using the bottom/RIGHT (not left) port.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah it is, try updating to rev 14, and uloader and cIOS 222, 223, 202 use the bottom/left usb port to access the HDD aswell as 249 rev 14 and i think 13 aswell but not sure i have never used than rev

EDIT

if u use the bottom usb from flat and then turn the wii on its side it would be on the left not right (when the front plate is facing you thats how its described lol)

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zektor said:
Confirmed working with Hermes IOS. I had installed 222 as 37 merge 36 and that works (using Configurable USB Loader). I also tried 223 as 38 merge 36 and that did NOT work.

So, you can install 222 as 37 merge 36 OR 223 as 37 merge 36. Either of these installs will allow the game to work with Configurable USB Loader. I did not test any other loaders...
IOS222 37 and 36 merge doesn't work for me.

spark32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok I'm getting confused. So ur saying when you lay your wii flat on the ground, you have to put the disks in upside down? Because that's the only way Bottom = Left. And I'll install Rev 14 and see what happens.

Edit: Your looking at at the USB port from the front of the Wii to the Back, so it's on the left. I'm looking on the back of the Wii to the front of the Wii so it's the right.

Yeah I'm using the right port. Now time to try Rev14

NickPDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed the Hermes cios that was linked from this page and I am still getting a black page. I am on 4.1U (upgraded using wanikoko's) and have a mod chip. Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?