Hacking Guide: how to downgrade from 4.2 to 3.2(online)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
downgrading to system menu 4.1 is as easy as installing the latest (non-stubbed if 4.2 stubbed it) IOS60 using DoP-IOS (to patch it), then download and install system menu 4.1 using NUS then Wad manager.

That's the only thing anyone ever needs to do. You would be doing a world of good if you deleted the guide.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
glare.gif
learn me how to input spiolers and Ill try to make an guide for 4.1!

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Before removing this, let some guy (it will end up being a noob, anyway) try your guide. Now if he has done all the right things, has all the right hardware, non lu64 Wii etc. And it bricks, pull it down before anything else happens, can't risk anymore people screaming...

propered

Trophies
XP
Country
I understand people concerns about lu64 wiis....but jeez just chill out !

and then to talk about speak english coherently all of a sudden. Trust me Dutch people have some of the best English outside of English Speaking countries. Go easy .

All I'd like to say is.... well done for your efforts...maybe A BIG RED ASS BOLD warning for lu64+ users.

And all those that keep talking about 3.2 whats the point...God its people choice ! just let them (region free discs? yes 4.1 too)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(spoiler) some text here (/spoiler) Replace () with []. Instead of clicking fast reply, click Add Reply and in that window there is a BB code help button. Click on that and study it. the spoiler thing is not listed there so I don't really blame you, but seeing how other things are done, you should have been able to figure it out.

darn it.. walkeroftheday ninja'd me
ninja.gif

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
propered said:
I understand people concerns about lu64 wiis....but jeez just chill out !

and then to talk about speak english coherently all of a sudden. Trust me Dutch people have some of the best English outside of English Speaking countries. Go easy .

All I'd like to say is.... well done for your efforts...maybe A BIG RED ASS BOLD warning for lu64+ users.

And all those that keep talking about 3.2 whats the point...God its people choice ! just let them (region free discs? yes 4.1 too)

Thanx for the compliment
smile.gif
I'm Dutch too, haha.

I personally think BIG RED ASS BOLD letters are not gonna help. People will think LEH is not the same as LU64+ and get a nice paper weight in return.

Off course it's people's choice, but I don't think nOObs should be doing this dangerous shit.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nah there's plenty of better facepalm situations. Take any one of 2yugimoto's threads for example.

Anyways, what is ONE good reason to downgrade a Wii at all? If you're willing to go through this dangerous process of downgrading your Wii through softmodding methods so you can get your hard mod to work again, why not just use even easier and safer softmodding means instead from where you are to play your games and forget about your hard mod?

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
1st set bootmii as boot 2!
2nd download wad manager 1.5
3rd download Ios-60-Trucha
4rd update with waninkokos updater( it will brick youre wii dont panic!)
5th open bootmii -> hbc -> bootmii
6th it opens wad manager install Ios 60 trucha with it!
7nt system menu is back!

info by discobear, guide by Aeon
CLEAR!

and clear!
I'm sorry to say it, but above guide really sucks big time. How do you set bootmii as boot2 ??

You don't give any explanation where to put the files...

Uberfail...

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WalkerOfTheDay said:
QUOTE said:
1st set bootmii as boot 2!
2nd download wad manager 1.5
3rd download Ios-60-Trucha
4rd update with waninkokos updater( it will brick youre wii dont panic!)
5th open bootmii -> hbc -> bootmii
6th it opens wad manager install Ios 60 trucha with it!
7nt system menu is back!

info by discobear, guide by Aeon
CLEAR!

and clear!
I'm sorry to say it, but above guide really sucks big time. How do you set bootmii as boot2 ??

You don't give any explanation where to put the files...

Uberfail...

its a beta so please be patient and youll see it will be an good guide!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok