Hacking GUI USB Loader

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
roku93 said:
The coverflow doesn't have to be 3D, think about it, it would look almost as good as in 2D. Resizing the pictures of course. And personally, I would prefer it in white rather than black. Like my iPod. Little more Wii-ish. I agree that something proper needs to be done.. Kenney and coverflow being the best options.
Ahh, I get it. I think that if 3D would be possible, why not make it? If it's not possible, we still can go for 2D. About the colors: I think that will be Kenneys Choice, if he agreed to make one.

Oh, and just found that; http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Libwiigui. Looks awesome...look at the new SNES 9GX, etc...they look great. So maybe it's now a little bit easier to create a nice GUI. Waninkoko said he won't do that, I think...so we have to make it by ourselfs, definitely. Here's a small Checklist what we need and have to discuss:

What we need:
-Graphics (Kenney?)
-Coder
-Design/Layout
-Ev. More Functions (Cheats, Sort by Name, Time played, etc..)

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice Wrk Blue-k ..with the picuters ,, I allways wanted a NICE gui , If we put everone together , we can do this
What we need:
-Graphics (Kenney?)
-Coder ( I have One Person are ready working on it )
-Design/Layout ( Me) sofar
-Ev. More Functions (Cheats, Sort by Name, Time played, etc..)

pme me

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
where are already using it ... thanks ..
I got it working last night, I had to work with the author because he forgot some stuff. In it ..

forbore

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We need to find a way to preview the opening.bnr that way we could put the file with our iso and the loader could read the banner from it. It's really funny since I started the same thread the other day and nobody answered...

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kennys is awesome looking please someone comppile this into alreadt released channel.wad and we shoudl have a FANTASTIC lookinng loader

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm a graphics designer for an advertising company, if you need someone to do design/gui stuff I'd like to help... just PM me if you still need someone...

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluebird12 said:
A GUI with Kenney's design would be great. I would much rather have that then have each game as a wad.

Yeah something Kenney-like would be tops. I'm not really technically talented but if y'all need any grunts feel free to message me and I will help however I can.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well...
To keep it easy, we just should be able to make a MAP on the ROOT or such of our SD Card.
With Boxarts.png/.jpg/.bmp...
Or Banner recorded animation -Yep with cam or such
tongue.gif
- files like .avi/.gif files...

Or even better would be to load a .BNR/.TPL file from a MAP on the Root or such of our SD Card.
(We get that from the Game discs...)
But than you need to make a Loader for those files... that is hard... (I think.)

Info or such we probably just go use XML files...
smile.gif

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kenny's is nice, but I wouldn't want the size display to be in blocks. Blue K's cover flow is my fav, I would just want more info, like size, name, and a release date. Can't wait for the new GUI's!

PS did anyone see the awesome tantric video?

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You people are AMAZING.. Sorry to waste space but DAYUM,, I cant believe this shiat!.. Its moving so fast... and looks SOOO good!

+rep or karma or whatever,,

Thank you all for this stuff.. Cant wait.

bluebird12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oneleggedjack said:
Kenny's is nice, but I wouldn't want the size display to be in blocks. Blue K's cover flow is my fav, I would just want more info, like size, name, and a release date. Can't wait for the new GUI's!

PS did anyone see the awesome tantric video?

I was looking for that video, couldn't find it. Do u mind linking?

seangibbz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It would probably work best if they just inplemented the homebrew browser's gui, but instead of looking for folders in the apps folder, it would just look for files in a wbfs partition. Also, the person could post a certain sized picture (box art) as is done by the icon.png implementatin by the HBB and HBC. Also, having a folder system set up could make organization easier, like organization for the HBC vs random dol files on the root.

Here's an example of what I mean:
Code:
USBDRIVE --,
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |--Partition 1 (FAT)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |--Partition 2 (WBFS)----,
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ|----Game 1--,
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |--Game.iso
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |--BoxArt.png
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ|----Game 2--,
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ|----Game 3--,

It would load the WBFS partition, and display the BoxArt.png file and, when the boxart's clicked, it would load the iso. Also, a xml info file wouldn't be a bad idea other, or it could just display the name of the iso as the name of the game. Example, for Donkey_Kong.iso it would display:

Code:
,-----------------,
|ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |
|ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |
|ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |
|ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |
|ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |
|ÂÂÂÂÂÂDonkeyÂÂÂÂ |
|ÂÂÂÂÂÂ KongÂÂÂÂÂÂ|
|ÂÂ BoxArt HereÂÂ |
|ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |
|ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |
|ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |
|ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |
|_________________|

ÂÂÂÂDonkey Kong

I like the iTunes CoverFlow idea too, along with the Nintendo StarLight. My idea is just more simple.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Why so serious!