Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
GTASABOX.jpg
Just a heads up to those who own GTA San Andreas on steam. There is a new update for the game that not only removes content but it also will break your save games and completely removes the games ability to run at 1920x1080. It seems that due to licensing issues 17 entire songs have been removed from the game, the same ones that have been omitted from GTA: SA's recent mobile and xbox 360 ports. So I suggest you disable your updates for that game if you still have the ability to do so.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Did they really remove or just disable the songs? It makes no sense for lowering the resolution for the PC users.

I disabled the radio stations on my 360 version as I prefer to play it without music anyway (although at times I'll play custom soundtracks).

Edit:

Gonna check the 360 game file on PC sometime for the songs sometime later.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Really? How greedy are the music companies that they actually looked back at a game this old and decided "you know what, we don't want our music there anymore, fix that"? The game may still be selling, but it isn't as if there are any songs on there that the vast majority go out of their way to listen to outside of their time playing the game. If anything, they would have made more money on those songs accepting whatever Rockstar was offering to renew the licenses than they will on individual song sales on iTunes and other music services.

What next? Are they going to break into homes, steal all the PS2 copies of the game, and carefully scratch out the parts of the disc where those tracks are read from?

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
It definitely seems like total mess. Even 360 version was better before they re-released it it seem, digital foundry article says "GTA: San Andreas HD on Xbox 360 is a mobile port"
Biggest question definitely is that why to update it when there's nothing to update and you are simply downgrading the game? I don't think they would've had any licensing issues if they simply kept it as it was or am I completely wrong?

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Happily, a fan-made patch has now been released to fix the problems - and restore compatibility to old save files.

The SilentPatch includes a workaround for save issues, restores aspect ratios and even adds new resolutions, among other fixes."

But is there a way to keep using the original music?

Reactions: TripleSMoon

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Are both analog sticks and trigger supported?

triggers are supported but digital, the both analogics are analogic (but IMHO, the camera one is really really slow...)

however, they didnt include key names.. (it happears joy1 joy2, etc; instead of ABXY)

D

Deleted-236924

Hadn't actually started up Steam in months, so it hadn't updated for me.
Did the update for Steam, then I disabled wifi on my laptop so that it would let me go in offline mode.

But then I can't even disable auto-updating, so I'm just going to copy the San Andreas folder to somewhere safe and run the game from there like I've usually been doing when I played it using FrameLimitAdjuster.

Steam wants me to download 3.8GB of "updates" for it anyway, like hell if I would.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is another reason why I don't "buy" digital downloads.
Are you implying that the same cannot be done with physical releases? Because it sure can - Metal Gear Solid 4 shipped with Metal Gear Online, but that portion of the game is no longer accessible as it was patched out of the main menu. I'm sure there are other examples as well, this is not something that only concerns digital releases.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Rockstar needs to release another Title Update because the Pause Menu lags a bit while bringing it up on the 360.

I love freeroaming in GTA San Andreas but have never actually bothered with the story mode. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind the JPEG artifacts, stylistic choice