• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Google being sued for Google Maps sending a man to drive off a collapsed bridge

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm no fan of Google, but in this case it's not Google's fault he died, he wasn't paying attention to what was ahead of him.

Reminds me of this video which the driver clearly saw what's ahead and yet kept driving:

(That stupid music just makes the video even worse)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That one made my local news. In the case's defense, Google maps hadn't been updated for years since the bridge went out, and apparently someone (vandals) moved the warning signs/blockades before the accident. But even so... How the bebossing company is more responsible baffles me.

Claim from the future: "we won't deny my client ran over the victim, your honor. But the responsible for this tragedy is the navigation, as Mr. Smith wasn't visible not mentioned on the GPS!"

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, not to defend the corpo here, but come on there is no way that person didn't see that chasm from their van. They are seated higher than the dashcam vehicle and the person in that could see it just fine.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The old lady deserved the money. McDonald's gave her a shitty cup, with a super hot drink inside of it. When her cup broke, causing her to burn her self, they told her to fuck off, we're not paying for your 3rd degree burns.
To add context: this was before a lot of coffee machines had an upper limit set for the temperature of the heater underneath the pot. IIRC her coffee was like 250+ degrees (Fahrenheit).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto