Shuji1987

~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKUuUvDSXk4&feature=related[/youtube]

Just watch the full video, it might be long dreaded sometimes but I thought it was worth watching.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember watching parts of this footage a year ago.

What they do not mention is how this is all a static environment. All active movement, especially dealing with physics and clipping, isn't really discussed. Some members of Bethesda mentioned this yesterday.

Which is a big deal, because what this is essentially doing is constructing an image of a place, rather than a character actually exploring an environment. At least, that was these dudes explanation a year back. They seem to have shifted away from that, and are trying to say it's still like a 3D environment, only not... but before, it was that everything was rendered as a full-screen image, rather than objects moving in tandem.

It's interesting. But yeah, it needs to have some movement in there to really be applicable, I think.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's really interesting. But to be honest, that level of detail doesn't matter too much when I'm playing games. I just need it to look good and not distracting.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely older news. Regardless, when it's put into the video game world, I know it's going to be incredible. Actually, when Skyrim comes out, I wonder if Bethesda would have gotten more out of their engine if they had used this in tandem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1