Good Toggle Switch For USB HDD

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for a toggle switch for my hdd. I want to turn it off and on by flipping a switch. the reason I ask is because I don't like unplugging the hdd every time I want to use Nintendont. there's a risk that the cable could fall back behind my entertainment center, so I'd like to mitigate that as much as possible. thanks!

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tested the dongle out. it works without issue with nintendont. :) it also includes a small cable in case u need it. I didn't. though, my wii u is about 5 feet away from my wii u hdd. the virtual wii hdd is right next to the wii u. I had to do that due to lack of room. I have either extension cable and a y cable or a very long y cable going from the hdd to the wii u. anyways, it works! for anyone looking for a toggle switch (I know one member asked me about the toggle switch to my virtual wii hdd which is built into the enclosure.). this toggle switch should fit ur needs in case u don't want to pay double or even triple the amount for an enclosure with one. I thought I'd leave the new wd elements hdds, which now house a 2.5" hdd instead of the 3.5" like they were doing, inside their enclosures. the 3.5" wd elements hdds - I've put all of them in the same toggle switch enclosures. I've not seen a similar version for the 2.5". though, I'm sure they exist. I'm a wd elements fan. virtually all of my hdds r that aside from a toshiba hdd as well as a seagate hdd which I've put in the same toggle switch enclosures. enough talk. time to play some games. :)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't you just find any old USB cable (or extension), slice it open and solder a switch you get from any electronics shop in the power cable?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually have an hdd with a built in toggle switch for my virtual wii. I have over 900 games on it, and it's a one terabyte hdd. my wii u hdd is 2 terabytes which is overkill. I have around 250 games for that, and I haven't even breached 1 terabytes. that's okay though. that's the drive that I connected the toggle switch usb dongle to. my sd card is 256GBs for wii/wii u apps as well as loadiine games. that's nearly full. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1