Gaming Good program to reinstall drivers

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I recovered my HP DV4-1540 laptop a month ago, and I had a small irritation regarding the volume key. Before the recovery, I used to be able to see a volume indicator bar on my screen. It was a blue bar that goes left or right when I push the volume keys. Since that recovery, I haven't seen it and I kind of wanted to keep using it. Everything that I try has come to fail, no solution. I don't want to have to deal with HP or anything. Each of the solutions I saw had something to say about the drivers or something along those lines. What I need from you guys is

A) A program like Driver Checker or Driver Robot that can find/install missing or outdated drivers, or bring drivers back to their original factory state.
B) A quick solution that I can do to see the bar again
C) Download stuff from who knows where to fix these issues.

I don't mean the volume bar in the taskbar. It's something that appears on my screen when the button is pushed. The volume changes but I like that bar.
smile.gif

Thanks!

Wait... does this have sometihng to do with the Quick Time or Quick Launch buttons?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"Original factory state" is not an ideal state- laptops/vendor machines are already bad for drivers and using old drivers is not a good thing.

Frankly the easiest way to do this is to make a custom install with something like nlite or vlite.

The trouble with many of those driver apps (despite being 2 steps from malware half the time) is that coverage of vendor level stuff is spotty at best.

Still "if deal with HP" means not going onto their site good luck, third party driver forums are a bit hit and miss but if you can stand to go to their site then
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...ct=4057874&

Your problem (onscreen display) is usually taken care of by keyboard/quick launch drivers.

Search and update: easiest way is to uninstall all the drivers you want to update and then point it at a directory when it comes back, http://driverpacks.net/ might be able to help you here.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O_O Thanks for the tips guys, +1 hugs to you guys! Apparently this stuff makes me seem gullible because I just jumped right in and dl'ed it...
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.