Hacking Good news for hackers

xakota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to GoNintendo, "automatic system updates and software downloads through SpotPass will be made available later at the time of the system updates"

This means if you get a 3DS at launch you won't have to update. Perfect

source

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, still getting it on launch. That way I figure if an exploit is discovered, I have a very easy way to obtain it. And hopefully it doesn't involve a downloadable game
tongue.gif

GMsupr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
yeah and when this automatic update come later we can do what we want with this update because isn't all first firmwares some kind of broken
biggrin.gif

sixteenbuttons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly, i kind of hope the 3ds remains unhacked for a while as well...maybe then developers will actually make some quality games for the system instead of the hundreds of shovelware titles we've seen on the ds.

also, you will have to update your system if you want e-shop and internet...

also, spotpass will still be included in the original firmware, so your 3ds will update automatically in May when the system update is released...hence "AUTOMATIC UPDATES"

milkchocolate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i love nintendo but ever since the gba they only produce shit and shovelware i will buy a psp2 and will wait with 3ds to see if piracy works and if there will be really good games cos the real reason for the 3ds is not to give gamers somethn great but to do somethn about the low sales of the ds products so after ds and dsi now is 3ds and they make it seem its a new device but its not

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
A Gay Little Catboy said:
I hope that feature does end up being added on the launch instead of waiting.
I really don't want to see the 3DS hacked
I gotta agree with catboy on this, i don't wanna see the 3DS hacked, the PS3 was recently hacked and anything to do with online went straight to hell, i really don't wanna see that happen with this brilliant piece of hardware.

MadClaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DON'T HAX 3DS I WILL EAT YOUR FACE
ohnoes.png

no seriously, It's probably true that DS Flashcarts are the cause of all the shitty ds games. If there is ever a hack out, i hope it is homebrew support only. and to never have a ROM loader, Seriously who uses that shit NOT for piracy? NO ONE.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
milkchocolate said:
i love nintendo but ever since the gba they only produce shit and shovelware i will buy a psp2 and will wait with 3ds to see if piracy works and if there will be really good games cos the real reason for the 3ds is not to give gamers somethn great but to do somethn about the low sales of the ds products so after ds and dsi now is 3ds and they make it seem its a new device but its not
I'm sorry, what? Punctuation please.

I don't want to see the 3DS get hacked early, or maybe not even hacked at all, it could cause problems for the legit users.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
milkchocolate said:
Incorrect, the DS has produced a large list of great games.
As well where are you getting your facts from? The DS has been the top selling handheld system for quite some time, it's only recently that the sells started to go down, which makes scene since the 3DS is on the way and anyone who wants a DS already has a DS.

milkchocolate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ds sales were always losing, that is why nintendo brought dsi, dsi xl and so on.

now this didnt cut the cake anymore and they bring the 3ds cos they need more unit sales as nintendos profit is falling a lot just look at the numbers from 2 days ago nintendo still makes profit but its dramatically falling

so they bring this 3ds not cos they have soemthn great for gamers but to sell a lot of units and have good profits again! so thats why the psp2 is much more interesting

xakota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why people think hackage of the 3DS will be so detrimental to it. All available consoles and handhelds are hacked right now and great games are still being made for them.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
milkchocolate said:
the ds sales were always losing, that is why nintendo brought dsi, dsi xl and so on.

now this didnt cut the cake anymore and they bring the 3ds cos they need more unit sales as nintendos profit is falling a lot just look at the numbers from 2 days ago nintendo still makes profit but its dramatically falling

so they bring this 3ds not cos they have soemthn great for gamers but to sell a lot of units and have good profits again! so thats why the psp2 is much more interesting
Wow, ignorance is bliss isn't it?
QUOTE1. Nintendo DS – 144.59 million, as of 31 December 2010 (2010 -12-31) (Japan: 32.60 million, the Americas: 54.28 million, other: 57.71 million)

including Nintendo DS Lite – 92.83 million, as of 31 December 2010 (2010 -12-31)(Japan: 18.20 million, the Americas: 35.74 million, other: 38.89 million)
including Nintendo DSi – 23.54 million, as of 31 December 2010 (2010 -12-31) (Japan: 5.70 million, the Americas: 9.48 million, other: 8.36 million)
including Nintendo DSi XL – 9.43 million, as of 31 December 2010 (2010 -12-31) (Japan: 2.16 million, the Americas: 3.75 million, other: 3.52 million)

2. Game Boy Advance – 81.51 million, as of 31 December 2010 (2010 -12-31) (Japan: 16.96 million, the Americas: 41.64 million, other: 22.91 million)

including Game Boy Advance SP – 43.57 million, as of 31 December 2010 (2010 -12-31)(Japan: 6.51 million, the Americas: 24.00 million, other: 13.05 million)
and Game Boy Micro – 2.42 million, as of 31 March 2007 (2007 -03-31) (Japan: 0.61 million, the Americas: 0.95 million, other: 0.87 million)

3. PlayStation Portable – 51.6 million, as of 2 June 2009 (2009 -06-02)[update]
4. iPod touch – 32 million, as of 28 January 2010 (2010 -01-28)[update]
Japan sales figures

Based on figures from Famitsu/Enterbrain, as of 28 December 2008

1. Nintendo DS – 25.07 million
2. PlayStation Portable –11.13 million

United Kingdom sales figures

Based on figures from GfK Chart-Track, as of 3 January 2009 (2009 -01-03)

1. Nintendo DS – 8.2 million
2. PlayStation Portable – 4.9 million
Source
Source
Each one of those has sources connected to them

Now where are those falling sale?
Back up your statements with facts instead of blabbering fanboy bullshit
Indeed they are a bit lower, but as I said before everyone who wants a DS already has a DS and now are waiting for the 3DS

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like they're just waiting for the first wave of 3DS flashcarts to emerge so they know what they're supposed to be blocking with the updates.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
milkchocolate said:
milkchocolate said:
the ds sales were always losing, that is why nintendo brought dsi, dsi xl
milkchocolate said:
the ds sales were always losing, that is why nintendo brought dsi,
QUOTE(milkchocolate @ Jan 29 2011, 09:11 PM)
the ds sales were always losing

What the hell are you talking about?!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-