Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DigitalDeviant said:
tazuwukei said:
Do the EZ flash cartridges emulate GB/GBC as well as GBA?

you use a program that converts it to gba file which emulates gb/gbc.
Any chance that goes for SNES emulation as well?
wink.gif

D

Deleted-236924

Sendoh said:
Pingouin7 said:
Sendoh said:
Hell, I'm even planning to buy a DSi so I can get the SCDStwo.
DSTwo works on DS/Lite.

Even the GBA emulation? I believed that the GBA emulation for the DStwo relied on something the DSi has which the DS lite does not have.
I hereby present you the DSTwo, the cart with a built-in CPU.

Sendoh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I see. Thanks guys. That almost sounds too good to be true, but I already ordered one online. Any problems I should know about, though? Does it wear out? I would assume that having a CPU would decrease its life span quite a bit.

D

Deleted-236924

The GBA emulator is almost perfect, the only issues I've had so far were some minor frameskip in games.
But some games work really bad on the emulator. An example is Golden Sun. Sonic Advance also doesn't work on the emulator, as fas as I'm aware.

The SNES emulator is just... It works okay, but you definitely would want to get a PSP or something to play SNES games.
Maybe the next release of CATSFC will make things work a lot better, since it's maker has apparently made a breakthrough regarding speed hacks.

One last thing. You have a DS/Lite.
Why would you buy a DSTwo for GBA games when getting an EZ-Flash IV is far better?
The EZ-Flash is cheaper, too.

Sendoh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Pingouin7 said:
The GBA emulator is almost perfect, the only issues I've had so far were some minor frameskip in games.
But some games work really bad on the emulator. An example is Golden Sun. Sonic Advance also doesn't work on the emulator, as fas as I'm aware.

The SNES emulator is just... It works okay, but you definitely would want to get a PSP or something to play SNES games.
Maybe the next release of CATSFC will make things work a lot better, since it's maker has apparently made a breakthrough regarding speed hacks.

One last thing. You have a DS/Lite.
Why would you buy a DSTwo for GBA games when getting an EZ-Flash IV is far better?
The EZ-Flash is cheaper, too.

What's EZ-Flash IV? I've used the EZ Flash 3 in 1 expansion, and I abhor it because I've already worn out the battery on two of them. I've tried changing the battery myself, but it simply doesn't work.

Sendoh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Pingouin7 said:
Sendoh said:
What's EZ-Flash IV?
This

I mean how is it different from EZ flash 3 in 1? Judging from the cart the 3 in 1 is supposed to be EZ Flash V, and I already have that. The biggest problem with it is the battery, never lasts more than a few months for me before it stops saving.

Sendoh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Schicksalsheld said:
The EZFlash 4 doesn't need an Slot 1 Flashcart to get Games on it...
And it's originally an GBA Flashcart...

I get it, but the main issue here is whether or not the EZ Flash IV has the same battery problem as the EZ Flash 3 in 1. It seems like a perfect alternative because I prefer playing my games loaded up in NOR anyway.

Semeskooma

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is the battery issue on EZ flash 3 only a problem for games like Pokemon that require a clock?

edit: Wow, I didn't know there was a whole EZ flash sub-forum! Looks like it is a problem, as the type of memory for all saves it uses runs off the battery, how inefficient and annoying. Answered my own question, so never mind.

D

Deleted-236924

They do run on batteries.
But the main difference between EZ-Flash III/IV and the 3in1 is that you can save even though the battery has run out.

How?
If you use in-game soft reset on the III/IV, it will write to the .sav file even if the battery has run dry.

With the 3in1, the only way to save is to turn off the power, then turn back on and do whatever you're supposed to do to write to .sav
That's extremely inconvenient since it requires you to turn off, which would delete whatever is in SRAM.

Sendoh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Pingouin7 said:
But the main difference between EZ-Flash III/IV and the 3in1 is that you can save even though the battery has run out.

How?
If you use in-game soft reset on the III/IV, it will write to the .sav file even if the battery has run dry.

With the 3in1, the only way to save is to turn off the power, then turn back on and do whatever you're supposed to do to write to .sav
That's extremely inconvenient since it requires you to turn off, which would delete whatever is in SRAM.

I see. It seems that none of the GBA flashcarts are perfect in that aspect, although I think I may just get used to using the EZ Flash IV if I do try it out someday, most likely the lite version if I do get one. For now, I'll just use the Supercard DSTwo that is in the mail. It really sucks that its just emulation, though. Golden Sun was one of the GBA games I would like to play.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buleste said:
The compatibility rate for the SCDS2 emulators are not perfect but they are very good for most games. The SNES emulator for the SCDS2 is the best you can get for the DS/DSi.

The SCDS2 runs off the DSi/DS battery and does tend to use it up quite quickly.
I'm not sure I'd go that far. But between the SNES emulator made for the DS2 and SnemulDS, it's definitely possible to play a lot of SNES games well on the DS now.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
Sendoh said:
Pingouin7 said:

How?

I see. It seems that none of the GBA flashcarts are perfect in that aspect, although I think I may just get used to using the EZ Flash IV if I do try it out someday, most likely the lite version if I do get one. For now, I'll just use the Supercard DSTwo that is in the mail. It really sucks that its just emulation, though. Golden Sun was one of the GBA games I would like to play.

Yeah but its still almost perfect, 95% of games work with about 100% speed.

codezer0 said:
QUOTE(Buleste @ May 13 2011, 04:17 AM)
The compatibility rate for the SCDS2 emulators are not perfect but they are very good for most games. The SNES emulator for the SCDS2 is the best you can get for the DS/DSi.

The SCDS2 runs off the DSi/DS battery and does tend to use it up quite quickly.
I'm not sure I'd go that far. But between the SNES emulator made for the DS2 and SnemulDS, it's definitely possible to play a lot of SNES games well on the DS now.
Yep it's the best, but not by much, some games run better on SNEmulDS. But yes, between the two probably 85% of games work on the DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...