GoldenEye 007 official remaster announced by Rare, for Xbox and Switch

GoldenEye 007 was confirmed to be part of the Nintendo Switch Online offerings of N64 titles during the Nintendo Direct today, but that wasn't all--the game will be getting a full remaster treatment, courtesy of Rare. A number of improvements will be made to the classic, including 4K resolution, smoother framerate, achievements, 16:9 widescreen, and online play. Dual analog stick support has also been added, to modernize the control scheme. If you own Rare Replay, you'll get the game for free, or if you have Xbox Game Pass, GoldenEye 007 will also be a part of that library.

:arrow: Source

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
32 million is the total number of paying NSO members on September 2021 (on year ago), so if this number did not declined a lot on the past year, than Nintendo has like 8 million players more than the Xbox environment.

Xbox has by far the best online infrastructure, best cloud implementation, again, by far, has that dumb gaming gamification that is the achievements (dumb in my lonely opinion, but hugely popular) and have the best graphics and framerate. On other hand Nintendo has games, that's why is so popular with a service that bad.
That 25 million figure is Gamepass subscribers only, Gold has more, and still even has 360 owners that subscribe to Gold as they can't use Gamepass - I believe the total for both was estimated to be close to 40 million in 2020...
Also those figures are 2021, and, certainly up to the release of the revamped PS Plus, was the fastest growing gaming subscription service, so your numbers are incorrect.
Both versions support online too, however for obvious reasons cross platform is not included.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surprise I never responded to this post... It's a/b time XBox. It's been ages since a playable version leaked while sitting in limbo.

---Edit---

The day after I posted my earlier comment, Ninty and XBOX decide to announce the game's getting realeased on 1/27/23, lmao. A/b damn time.

Last edited by urbanman2004,

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Goldeneye's nice. (Got original and 4 N64 controllers) But if their gonna bring back some Rare games I'd rather see Banjo/Conker/Killer Instinct.

If I was Nintendo I wouldn't have bothered making a deal with Microsoft for Goldeneye. I would have told Rare to keep their catalogue of games and stick them up their behinds. Rare made it's bed with Microsoft so they can stew in it or jump ship to Playtonics.🤣

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!