Hacking Godmode9 sysNAND backup error

Nightshift89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've searched for the specific error I'm encountering when attempting to backup my SysNAND to a SD card (and micro SD card with a SD converter), but have been unable to locate any threads online to resolve my issue.

The error I'm receiving is:

0:/gm9/o...SW13761260_sysnand_00.bin
Error: Cannot open destination file

I've tried to backup the sysNAND to the SD card (4GB Toshiba) that came with my 3DSxl, as well as a 32GB micro SD card (with a plastic SD form converter)

If anyone has any advice, or would like more information, please let me know. Thank you in advance, really.

Nightshift89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:

On the third attempt of making a sysNAND backup with my 32GB Micro SD card (in the plastic SD form converter), it worked.

I unmounted my SD card while in godmode9, then powered off my 3DS. I restarted godmode9 and attempted the backup again, to which it completely successfully. I believe the SD card may have initially mounted incorrectly, or was not mounted period, as the destination file was unreachable.

Hopefully anyone else encountering the same error can view this and make a successful backup of their sysNAND.

I'm completely new to CFW, even the 3DS operating system is slightly alien as I've never used it prior to yesterday. My goal is to eventually play the English patched version of Dragon Warrior Monsters Terry's Wonderland, which I have physical Japanese copy of. Loved the original DWM on the GBC, and I'm crossing my fingers that the extremely vague announcement of a new Dragon Warrior Monsters game on the Switch is real.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy everything off your SD card, reformat in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with Windows File Explorer or guiformat, and full Write + Verify the empty card with H2testw.

Do not trust your card(s) until they've proven to be free of hardware defects.

Nightshift89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both of the SD cards used were formatted to Fat32 before the attempts. I did not perform hardware checks, though. The guide i was using as a reference didn't mention a HW check first, and as a newbie to this scene (without any previous issues of SD card failure / corruption) I didn't. Lesson learned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...