SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
so do I put them in folders? and load the cue file?
yup.
for avoid confusion, i recommend extracting your zipped games into separated folders (but inside your roms folder), and then load the cue files.

also i've seen you got roms in IMG/CCD/SUB, read this:
EDIT: And your roms MUSTN'T be of BIN/CCD/SUB files, these won't work.
But if you only can get your roms at this format, mount the CCD file with DAEMON Tools Lite and rip the game as BIN/CUE using ImgBurn (these software are free).

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup.
for avoid confusion, i recommend extracting your zipped games into separated folders (but inside your roms folder), and then load the cue files.

also i've seen you got roms in IMG/CCD/SUB, read this:
yeah, ok, what about the syscard3.pce file? someone said that they had a hard time finding the right one for all of their games, so there are different versions of syscard3.pce file?

i meant there's this one, then there's this other one, which one should I choose? Or maybe you know where to get the one that works with all games

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 2.png
    2.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
yeah, ok, what about the syscard3.pce file? someone said that they had a hard time finding the right one for all of their games, so there are different versions of syscard3.pce file?

i meant there's this one, then there's this other one, which one should I choose? Or maybe you know where to get the one that works with all games
nope, these both are quite confusing.

I recommend looking at the No-Intro PC Engine / TurboGrafx-16 romset, they have the real official PCE Super System Card 3.0 BIOS (Internet Archive is your friend)

EDIT: The file name of the BIOS you're looking if you check No-Intro TG-16 is [BIOS] Super CD-ROM System (Japan) (v3.0).7z

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so I've managed to get the games running on Wiimednafen by extracting them into separate folders, but I still want to make them work on retroarch.

Since they work ok on Wiimednafen, syscard3.pce and the game .cue .bin files are fine.

So what else could be the problem? Now, they don't work on every version of retroarch i tried. I have no clue what's going on. Any ideas?

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
ok, so I've managed to get the games running on Wiimednafen by extracting them into separate folders, but I still want to make them work on retroarch.

Since they work ok on Wiimednafen, syscard3.pce and the game .cue .bin files are fine.

So what else could be the problem? Now, they don't work on every version of retroarch i tried. I have no clue what's going on. Any ideas?
Great that you got your PCE CD games working on WiiMednafen.

Now with RetroArch Wii, can you send screenshots of the root:/retroarch folder of your SD card?

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
here it is and the system folder too
So you have put the PCE CD BIOS (syscard3.pce) correctly.
But still the PCE CD games won't work on RA Wii?

Then:
1. Have you copied the "info" folder of the download of the latest RA Wii release with all the info files into your "root:/apps/retroarch-wii" folder?
2. Have you tried deleting your old cfg files from root:/retroarch folder?
3. Is the BIOS isn't corrupted? (Try also using the syscard3.pce you used for WiiMednafen)

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. no, I didn't know I should do that, i thought it was done automatically
2. yes, this time I will delete everything and install Retroarch anew
3. im using the same syscard3.pce file that I used for WiiMednafen'

ok, so you recommend the RA-HEXAECO version, right?
How to install it? It only contains files and folders that go in the apps folder on my sd card, how do I get the root:/apps/retroarch-wii" folder?

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I get the root:/apps/retroarch-wii" folder?
You install RA Wii normally by copying the entire "retroarch-wii" folder into the "apps" folder of your SD card.

Look at this video:

Install RA Wii to your SD card like you do normally, copy the "retroarch-wii" folder of your download to your SD card, so you ensure that you'll copy everything you need.
After copying, you can check the retroarch-wii folder and delete the emulator cores (.dol files) you don't want to use, but all the other things MUST BE UNTOUCHED.

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, thanx for the video, I downloaded the latest version from the official website and copied it to root:/apps/, now there's a retroarch folder inside the apps folder (see the image attached), as it should be.

My question was what about the root:/retroarch folder, how do I get one? I wrote "how do I get the root:/apps/retroarch-wii" folder?" but what i meant was how do I get the root:/retroarch-wii" folder if I only copy the retroarch-wii folder to the apps folder. Will the root:/retroarch-wii folder be created automatically?

See what I am trying to say?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 52

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
ok, thanx for the video, I downloaded the latest version from the official website and copied it to root:/apps/, now there's a retroarch folder inside the apps folder (see the image attached), as it should be.

My question was what about the root:/retroarch folder, how do I get one? I wrote "how do I get the root:/apps/retroarch-wii" folder?" but what i meant was how do I get the root:/retroarch-wii" folder if I only copy the retroarch-wii folder to the apps folder. Will the root:/retroarch-wii folder be created automatically?

See what I am trying to say?
the "root:/retroarch" folder will be created automatically when you start RetroArch Wii, and after that you can put the BIOS, check the cfg files of your settings, etc.

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, I got everything working (at least to some degree) but this time it loads the main screen which says press the start button, I do so and it says wait a moment and gets stuck forever on that screen

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
ok, I got everything working (at least to some degree) but this time it loads the main screen which says press the start button, I do so and it says wait a moment and gets stuck forever on that screen
Well... did you try loading the games that are on BIN/CUE format?

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
i also forgot to ask you, what core are you using?
Make sure you're using the Mednafen PCE Fast core (mednafen_pce_fast_libretro_wii.dol) for load regular PCE / PCE CD games and not the one called Mednafen SuperGrafx core (mednafen_supergrafx_libretro_wii.dol), this one is only for emulate SuperGrafx games (i think there were only 7 of them, plus some SGX homebrew?)

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neither Wiimednafen nor RA-HEXAECO nor RetroArch play pc engine/turbografx 16 CD games. I have Syscard3.pce in the right folders but the games won't launch (Wiimednafen says sorry unsupported file format or something like that, RA-HEXAECO and RetroArch just reload when I launch games pc engine/turbografx 16 CD games, no matter what cores I choose). I got it to work with an old version of RetroArch but with a new one its just a black screen and then reload.

So, lets start from the beginning. How do I get pc engine/turbografx 16 CD games to work on Wiimednafen? I downloaded the latest version from the above link, my games are .bin .cue in the zip folders. Maybe my syscard3.pce is wrong? Anyway, what should I do?
I do not believe Wiimednafen supports ZIPs of ISO/CUE's.

Unzip them into a folder and try that. Actually, looking at my SDXC card, none of the CD games there are zipped. All are uncompressed ISO/CUE's.

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... did you try loading the games that are on BIN/CUE format?
of course, I only tried the ones that are in BIN/CUE format and I am using the Mednafen PCE Fast core (mednafen_pce_fast_libretro_wii.dol).

There was also one called Beetle PCE Fast in the new version but it didnt work either so

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not believe Wiimednafen supports ZIPs of ISO/CUE's.

Unzip them into a folder and try that. Actually, looking at my SDXC card, none of the CD games there are zipped. All are uncompressed ISO/CUE's.
already figured out that, the thread is now about how to get them to work on retroarch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas