Hacking Getting constant DREs with SSBB..

ssjnaruto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I got this same issue with the japanese single layer. I don't have a DL burner, so, unfortunately, I have to stick to the single layer version.

But, I'm getting DREs, A LOT. Other games work fine.. no DREs at all.

But, with SSBB, as for the U.S. version, I followed the guide to make a fully playable SSE, and the game was working great for like an hour.

Then, I rebooted my Wii (gave me a DRE, would not go away in stage 5 of classic mode), and I can't even get past the loading screen now. It just goes BOOM DRE. I reinsert the disc, but the screen just comes back..

I'm about to try another burn, but it can't just be a coincidence that it happened w/ JP version of the game as well?

I have a Wiikey 1.9g, FW 3.2U Wii.

I burned at 4x on TDK DVD-R (1-8x).

It's pretty decent media, so I don't know?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT : Forgot to mention, the DREs aren't at exactly the same spots on the two versions. Hehe.

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
Just get the dual layer version - seriously, there is more data then a single layer disc so there is no point trying to figure out wants wrong when you only have 80% or so of data on there!

ssjnaruto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OzModChips said:
Just get the dual layer version - seriously, there is more data then a single layer disc so there is no point trying to figure out wants wrong when you only have 80% or so of data on there!

Well, like I said in my original post, I don't have a DL burner.. DVD5 is really the only way I can go atm..

If anyone could have a solution to my problem, I would greatly appreciate it.

To be more specific, the problem MOST COMMONLY occurs when I start up the game.

Sometimes it gets past the "Now Loading.." screen and takes me to the intro movie (the one with the white BG flash at the beginning), so I can skip it and continue to the movie.

But, sometimes, it just gives me a DRE right after the "Now Loading.." screen.

I didn't mess with the intro.. so, any ideas guys?

Thanks!

ssjnaruto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Salamantis said:
bosscolor said:
I have the best solution

BUY A DL BURNER !!!

Nope, not the best solution. The best one would be to go buy the game.

If it actually ran, I would be happy to buy it. But my Wiikey prevents that. :]

I agree that this game is a must buy though. Great game, when I can actually play it. ;-;

dweirdo

Trophies
XP
Country
well tdk made me same problem,buti realized its my burner.
bought new burner and verbatim cds and woooooooooooooottttt every thing worked

muscleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Weird thing, I made a dl copy of SSBB, put it in my wii(I've got a Dc2Wii mod chip), it ask to do an update, I click OK. It restart the wii, I click on SSBB channel, click start, it went until "now loading", and stayed their. After a couple of minutes, dicide to restart the wii, now I get the screen, can't read disc. I tried other copies of other games that were playing, same thing, can't read disc. What seem the problem, I can play original copies.
Thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Yea +1