Ruthless Pirate
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
Loads instantly then shows an empty view, and i put Nintendont and the wii games in the right folders.. i think... does usbloader gx support .cso? Because most wii the games are way over 4gb and wont let me copy them. Also, is there a different method i'm supposed to use for .iso?
Nooo. The wii games should be in .wbfs format
And as for your gamecube games put the iso in a folder and rename your game game.iso

D

Deleted User

OP
Nooo. The wii games should be in .wbfs format
And as for your gamecube games put the iso in a folder and rename your game game.iso
oh. that might be the issue for nintendont. but how does one convert iso to .wbfs and be able to copy an 8gb file to fat32? because smash melee is quite big..

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I'm not quite sure what to do.. i'm fairly new to the wii filesystem, so i'm not sure if port 0 is usb1 and whatever.. and it didnt let me change the drive letter

Hmm, port 0 is as I recall the leftmost port, try with that one, if not try the other port, you should also be sure to have the latest rev (Cyan has a thread around here, you can google it with ease)

oh. that might be the issue for nintendont. but how does one convert iso to .wbfs and be able to copy an 8gb file to fat32? because smash melee is quite big..

Wii backup manager does that for you, and it'll split the file in two pieces, the game will boot perfectly.

D

Deleted User

OP
Wii backup manager does that for you, and it'll split the file in two pieces, the game will boot perfectly.
I've thoroughly explored wii backupmanager and i only got to loading the iso.. found a tool that hopefully worked... Its called "Iso to wbfs" ifi installed a virus let me know.. because it seems to have done the job at converting so far

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I've thoroughly explored wii backupmanager and i only got to loading the iso.. found a tool that hopefully worked... Its called "Iso to wbfs" ifi installed a virus let me know.. because it seems to have done the job at converting so far

It does the job as I use it myself when installing wii games, all you need to do is set the origin directory, the destination directory, and voila, it'll do the rest automatically.

D

Deleted User

OP
It does the job as I use it myself when installing wii games, all you need to do is set the origin directory, the destination directory, and voila, it'll do the rest automatically.
so far.. one last question till i test everything.. where do the .wbfs files go... i have a wbfs folder on my usb stick but do i need to do something similar to nintendont with the folder and game.wbfs or whatever?

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
so far.. one last question till i test everything.. where do the .wbfs files go... i have a wbfs folder on my usb stick but do i need to do something similar to nintendont with the folder and game.wbfs or whatever?

I can't check right now the structure of my external HDD (I am expanding the partition so it's locked for now), but all you should need to do is set it up (hit drive 1 tab, there select the letter of your USB stick) WBM should create a folder inside the stick.

I also heavily rec getting an external that has a firewire compatible case along a firewire card, it'll make transferring wii and GC files quite a bit faster.

D

Deleted User

OP
I can't check right now the structure of my external HDD (I am expanding the partition so it's locked for now), but all you should need to do is set it up (hit drive 1 tab, there select the letter of your USB stick) WBM should create a folder inside the stick.

I also heavily rec getting an external that has a firewire compatible case along a firewire card, it'll make transferring wii and GC files quite a bit faster.
Meh.. i'll stick to usb sticks, much more portable than hard drives, which need extra wires. besides, i dont mind the copy speed too much, ive done slower file transfers (trust me.. trying to copy over visual boy advance through infra red is extremely slow)

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Meh.. i'll stick to usb sticks, much more portable than hard drives, which need extra wires. besides, i dont mind the copy speed too much, ive done slower file transfers (trust me.. trying to copy over visual boy advance through infra red is extremely slow)

Eh, 2.5 are portable and they don't need external power, USB 2.0 or firewire supply it power, so it's a single cable.

Anyway those are my suggestions.

D

Deleted User

OP
Yep, make sure you select in drive 1 the letter of your stick and afterwards simply add the games on the file tab and order the transferral
yay! new issue.. now usb loader GX shows up as a white screen... takes a while to initialize the sd card, but nintendont works pefectly now

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
yay! new issue.. now usb loader GX shows up as a white screen... takes a while to initialize the sd card, but nintendont works pefectly now

No idea, maybe @Cyan has some idea of the issue as he is the author, I would rec to simply erase the folder and replace it with a fresh copy, just in case you touched something you should not have.

D

Deleted User

OP
No idea, maybe @Cyan has some idea of the issue as he is the author, I would rec to simply erase the folder and replace it with a fresh copy, just in case you touched something you should not have.
in the process of doing that now

EDIT: Turns out that i somehow activated read only on the sd card... i should find a way to remove that switch

Last edited by ,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i should find a way to remove that switch
don't remove it completely. the switch on the card has no effect (no electronic contact inside).
The read/write check is done on the console's side, it's set in read only if there's "nothing obstructing the area".
to force write access, block that location with scotch tape or something else to make it always closed/filled.

if you use a microSD card, you probably have another SD adapter.
if it's a big SD card, the adhesive tape is a good solution.

D

Deleted User

OP
Made another thread because i already got the wii and i need trouble shooting... its in backup loaders

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-