Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
pepxl said:
Bladexdsl said:
upload as a rar file i cant open tar.tz files with winrar

tar.gz files extract fine with WinRAR
well everytime i get the corrupt error trying to unrar I've tried downloading from 2 different sources so screw it.

try updating WinRAR or simply use something else to extract the files

either way you probably already have what you need by now

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
i have latest winrar 3.93 why can't he use RAR files like everyone else. no one uses tar.tz these days!

well the only other thing that i can think of that could be corrupting the file is the browser your using to download the file, im using WinRA R3.92 and have no problems extracting the archive never had any corruptions with any version of WinRAR since i started using it plus most devs use tar.gz archives to pack their sources up with just because some members on here use .rar archvices doesnt mean everyone has to but heres a mirror with .rar extension just for you

http://www.mediafire.com/?kyqjonjni43

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
no one uses tar.tz these days!

lol, it's tar.gz and it is very common distribution format on Linux platforms, hence why people compiling under such OS are using it

Anyway, it has already been said but install 7zip, it works flawlessy even with all these strange Linux-style compressed format.

EDIT: people are way too kind with you, you will never learn anything if you get spoon-feeded everytime you are stuck
rolleyes.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
That's said, it's a little bit ridiculous to compile and distribute every new revisions as soon as they are comitted, remember those are generally only minor developper changes and most users probably never notice any differences (at least, I don't see any in regards of the game I'm playing), just stick with a recent version which has the new GUI and wait for the official stable release when it comes.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I'm starting to think he is really stupid, people keep repeating to him 7zip/winrar handle these kind of files just fine and he keeps arguing with nonsense...

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Jacobeian said:
That's said, it's a little bit ridiculous to compile and distribute every new revisions as soon as they are comitted, remember those are generally only minor developper changes and most users probably never notice any differences (at least, I don't see any in regards of the game I'm playing), just stick with a recent version which has the new GUI and wait for the official stable release when it comes.
i agree especially when they upload in obsolete formats

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol +1