Homebrew General multiboot questions for dvd9, and more....

MrBananman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, can you make a multiboot disc with wii scrubber on a dual layer dvd? If so, how, when and where do I set the layer break?

Second, I hope some of you can double check my procedure for setting up a multiboot disc in general. I have a mod chip installed, I dont know what IOS, but I do know I installed homebrew channel along with wiiware games from an sd card no problem, and haven't updated my wii since.

So, assuming I can play them, this is what I do, and correct me if I'm wrong:

-I open up a wii iso with wiiscrubber
-I scrub it with ISO, 0xFF, and no headers set. (If its been scrubbed already, will it ruin the image?)
-I shrink the freshly scrubbed game partition on the iso
-I save the shrunken game partition as a crypted img file.

-I then open up the USAmultiboot iso (because I'm booting from the normal disc screen) and use that as my partition 0.
-I then add a crypted game partition, one by one until I reach the maximum of 4 partitions (how come I saw people with more than 4?)

-I then burn the iso and all should be well? Will each game use its own correct save slot?

ANY info on this would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

PS. Did I miss the boat on a new program to make multi game dvd's, or are people really not aware of its existence?

rem300wm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello
Well first WHY do you want to use a double layer disc?
You don't need it,that's the great thing about Multiboot ,single layer discs work.
-I open up a wii iso with wiiscrubber

----I scrub it with ISO, 0xFF, and no headers set. -----
==== Don't need to do this upper part======

After You load the iso just select the game partition only!!
-I TRIM the freshly scrubbed game partition on the iso
-I save the TRIM game partition as a crypted img file

After that load any ISO and delete it (make copy first of this ISO because you are going to delete the ISO)
Click on WII DiSC
and start loading the trimmed isos it will give You a table of partitions Make sure that You put at least one game in partition 0,but you can have up to 3 .
When You have put all of the games in the partitions click on TRIM and the file that you get is the one You burn and tha's it.
Hope this helps.

MrBananman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for clarifying the steps, but I want to use a dual layer dvd so I can fit more games on one dvd. Also, how do people get more than 4 games on one multiboot dvd? Can you add more than 0-3 partitions, and if yes, how so?

rem300wm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello
Well to be honest I don't know about the dual layer, if You can really fit more games .The problem is that You have to know where the layer break is and input that in to Your burning program.
I think that for now Multiboot only suports 4 partitions.But depending on the size of the games You can put about 10 games or more I only have a small amount of games so all of them fitted in 2 discs.
The way the partitions work is
0 up to 3 but no less than 1
1 as many as You can fit depending on size of game
2 Same
3 Same

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands