ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
Couple of things:
Latest Tablet OS is now HoneyComb 3.2
Ice Cream Sandwich is 4.0
The Arc suffers from an awful jellyfish effect, so IDK why you said it has the best camera (Unless a FW update fixed this)

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
For budget-mode users: ZTE's releases of Android, including the ZTE Blade, should definitely be included there.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ThePowerOutage said:
Couple of things:
The Arc suffers from an awful jellyfish effect, so IDK why you said it has the best camera (Unless a FW update fixed this)
What is a jellyfish effect?
unsure.gif

Blurring of some sort?

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
ThePowerOutage said:
Couple of things:
What is a jellyfish effect?
unsure.gif

Blurring of some sort?

The 'jellyfish' effect on the video is due to the user shaking the camera too frequently, while the stabilizer attempts to make the image appear more still

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Terminator02 said:
still working on that rooting section?
Haven't found the time recently, but it'll be started soon.

ThePowerOutage said:
The "jellyfish" effect is the image stabilizer for video recording. It is present on many devices today, and is not exclusive to the Arc. There is an option in the camera application to disable the feature, and it was present since its release on Android 2.3.2.

QUOTE(TwinRetro @ Jul 24 2011, 09:18 AM)
No mention of the MyTouch line?
The myTouch line to my understanding is exclusive to T-Mobile USA, with certain devices (myTouch 3G = HTC Magic) being released under different names on other markets. It'd be tough to make it a notable line-up if it's exclusive only to one carrier in one region.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
CarbonX13 said:
ThePowerOutage said:
The "jellyfish" effect is the image stabilizer for video recording. It is present on many devices today, and is not exclusive to the Arc. There is an option in the camera application to disable the feature, and it was present since its release on Android 2.3.2.
Sorry about that. My friend greatly exaggerated the effect. I got to use it yesterday and it is really good.

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flat Pudding said:
Well, why my facebook say that my post is from Facebook Mobile not Sony Ericsson Xperia or Android?
If you post using the web browser app, it says "Facebook Mobile", but if you post from the Facebook app, it says "Android".

@OT:
May I suggest adding Motoblur to the Manufacturer Modified UIs? It's not as popular or well known, but it's still packaged on new Motorola phones.

I'd also love to see a section on MIUI in this thread. It's my favorite Android UI so far except for maybe Sense. The only downside is that it requires a rooted phone and only a small number of phones are officially supported by the Chinese MIUI devs and only a handful more are supported by the unofficial devs who port over each release.

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flat Pudding said:
you know, I post it with facebook apps and it says facebook mobile
I just checked my friend's Facebook, and it also says from Facebook Mobile. My mistake. I could've sworn it says Android if you post from the Facebook app. It was probably changed in a recent update if I remembered my information correctly. Also, it will only say what phone you posted from if you're using a custom Android OS that has Facebook integrated into a widget or something.

@OT:
Oh and I forgot to to mention in my previous post that there are more custom versions of Android that aren't as advanced as others. For the most part, they're just modified Launcher apks. Examples of this would be the Xperia Arc launcher and the Dell launcher (I can't remember the name of Dell's phone ATM).

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
One small suggestion for when OP eventually gets round to doing 'rooting' section....

How about a 'Glossary' of terms used for us newbies.... such as 'su'/'superuser','zipaligned','busybox','radio', 'RUU', 'ext4', 'S-off'/'ENG S-off','VR I/O Scheduler' etc

Looking in the XDA forums I've seen a lot of custom ROM's etc with terms used, but I have NO idea what most of them refer to, so a guide to what these terms mean may be a good idea to have.

Maid-chan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
Excellentnuke said:
Flat Pudding said:
I just checked my friend's Facebook, and it also says from Facebook Mobile. My mistake. I could've sworn it says Android if you post from the Facebook app. It was probably changed in a recent update if I remembered my information correctly. Also, it will only say what phone you posted from if you're using a custom Android OS that has Facebook integrated into a widget or something.
Widget huh...? Well, gonna try post it with widget
rolleyes.gif

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flat Pudding said:
Excellentnuke said:
Flat Pudding said:
Widget huh...? Well, gonna try post it with widget
rolleyes.gif
That's only if you posted through a widget that was built into your version of Android such as MotoBlur's widget.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...