GBAtemp's 10th Birthday Mario Kart 7 Tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I really wanna sign up, this sounds awesome. However, i don't know if I'm going to be available at the times of races, since I work Saturdays and Sundays. Will races generally always be before 2 PM EST? (11 AM PST(I think))

Generally, yes, I would need to start that early.

Edit: For subsequent rounds, I may be able to start later, but I can make no promises.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have revised Rule #7, which should be to all of your enjoyment.
Yes, time zone grouping! Thanks :D I'll probably lose in the very first race anyway, but whatever. At least I can lose at a convenient time now. (Unless it's at a certain time on Sunday, just realized I'm somewhere without Internet for the larger half of sunday...)

nico402

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I'm in!
My 3DS display name is "Nicola" without the quotes haha

(Rule #7, what about communication errors? I know there is no right answer because of ragequitters but hey, I'm just asking :))

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Important announcement: I have made numerous changes to the rules. Some may be for better, others for worse, but they are all fair. Read up and make sure you know the rules before the round starts!

Reactions: 1 person

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I don't have the game so i can't enter, oh and i think people should win fair and square the items in the game are "cheat" items if you are good at racing games play fair without cheat items, otherwise imo the comp should be null.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't have the game so i can't enter, oh and i think people should win fair and square the items in the game are "cheat" items if you are good at racing games play fair without cheat items, otherwise imo the comp should be null.
It's supposed to be a fun tournament, not a serious business omg-using-items-is-cheating one.

Reactions: 2 people

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
The only unfair item in MK7 is the blue shell (which is dodgeable if you're lucky), they did get rid of a lot of BS items in this game. But since we're now playing a cup the chances of losing unfairly have decreased dramatically, blue shells causing big damage will most likely kick in when the finalists are racing because of how close the 2-8 players will be to the leading racer, out of four races we should hope a spiny doesn't appear at the end of more than one of the cup tracks.
But anyway, it's just a fun tournament like Minox said, if it was a serious competition we would've played with Banana peels only.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I really wanna sign up, this sounds awesome. However, i don't know if I'm going to be available at the times of races, since I work Saturdays and Sundays. Will races generally always be before 2 PM EST? (11 AM PST(I think))

Generally, yes, I would need to start that early.

Edit: For subsequent rounds, I may be able to start later, but I can make no promises.
Okay, that's actually really good. I start work at 2 PM EST. So you can count me in! My display name is "Scott".

Intranet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Glad to hear that its now 4 races instead of 1 since now if you fail on the 1st race but do well in the others you may get into the top 2 of your group which makes it even more fair for everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...