GBAtemp is...

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
GBAtemp changes servers almost every year because it keeps getting larger and larger!
We usually know it's time to change servers when the site becomes really slow on a regular basis.

If/when the server is slow, or unusually fast, please make a post here and mention how many users are online.
This will be a great help for us when we re-evaluate the needs & resources.

Thanks!

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure how many users were online at the time but accessing gbatemp at work is sometimes so slow for me that it just wont load past the "welcome, cardyology" bar thingy at the top. There are no firewalls or anything at my work. Its a kitchen sales place & I'm the best IT guy they've got.

I'm in the northwest UK & my ISP is BT fusion business (I'm at work
ph34r.gif
)

WHen I'm at home the site is rapid btw.....

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Costello, sorry if someone's already asked you this..

but any chance of the Friend Code Database to be fixed?

By the way, site's running at 100% for me, perfect! Runs at the same speed as any other fast website ^^

Thanks.

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
Hehe Moo said:
Costello, sorry if someone's already asked you this..

but any chance of the Friend Code Database to be fixed?

By the way, site's running at 100% for me, perfect! Runs at the same speed as any other fast website ^^

Thanks.
Needs fixing fast
lecture.gif

Bishang

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Compared to other websites, this loads the slowest for me. It always takes at least 20 seconds to load the homepage and everytime you go to a new page on this site, the images always reload making the loading process slower.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bishang said:
Compared to other websites, this loads the slowest for me. It always takes at least 20 seconds to load the homepage and everytime you go to a new page on this site, the images always reload making the loading process slower.
Same here, but all the other websites I visit are based in the U.S and have a lot more money so meh.

Votkrath

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, works VERY fast! Keep it up!

Btw, where do you host gbatemp.net? Your domain name is hosted at Gandi but where do you host your servers? There too? Or do buy your own and put them in a co-location?

And one more thing just of curiosity, how do you keep gbatemp up really? It must cost a fortune really. And I can't see any ads or do you have secret sponsors?
tongue.gif

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Costello said:
GBAtemp changes servers almost every year because it keeps getting larger and larger!
We usually know it's time to change servers when the site becomes really slow on a regular basis.

If/when the server is slow, or unusually fast, please make a post here and mention how many users are online.
This will be a great help for us when we re-evaluate the needs & resources.

Thanks!

Costello what's wrong with it being unusually fast?

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Decent lately with no IPS which is great.

Note: Load times are usually kinda slow for me but that is because my internet connection is always being whored (Mostly uploadz but downloads periodical through out the week). I will at some point do a proper loading with no BW being used.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill