ROM Hack Gba's ALttP voice patch

Walker D

I have a hat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, after all the good vibes from reviews about the new Zelda - A Link Between Worlds, I was willing to play some ALttP, to revive the old times..

I got the gba version to play on my DS, but the new yells that Link does on every attack were getting on my nerves.. ..so, I found a patch that removes that and add some sounds to resemble the original better.

The bad part is that the patch doesn't do it very well, and add some other problems to the game..
You can get the IPS patch and read the discussion about it here. The patch is pretty old, and I never found another similar one..

Someone here knows about another similar patch that works properly? if so, please tell its name or link it to this thread (the IPS patch only, no roms obviously).

I don't know if patches like this are easily editable ...but if someone here were interested on doing it, it would be awesome (And if I could be of any help on that, even not having much programing skills, ask me about it and I would promptly help on it).

This are the problems pointed out in the discussion linked before:

-when Link dies, the death whirl sounds plays twice - it starts again near the end of the first time the sound plays with a little overlapping.
-when Link falls down a hole, the sound is correct but I also hear link's muffled sound when he gets hurt at the end, when the screen turns black.
-when swiping my sword in quick succession, I sometimes get a strange "squeak" sound after the final swipe.

Hope that someone gets interested on it.

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Alternatively you could run the original ALTTP on SnesmulDS, no yells, same oldschool experience with some minor graphical glitches (which you won't even mind after playing for a while).

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alternatively you could run the original ALTTP on SnesmulDS, no yells, same oldschool experience with some minor graphical glitches (which you won't even mind after playing for a while).

Yeah, on of the minor graphic glitch that I noticed was that it didn't black out the rooms that were supposed to be dark, the only way you could tell was your lantern light... was kind of handy in Parallel Worlds.

Walker D

I have a hat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, on of the minor graphic glitch that I noticed was that it didn't black out the rooms that were supposed to be dark, the only way you could tell was your lantern light... was kind of handy in Parallel Worlds.

oh Cool ! ..thanks for the sugestions ..didn't know that ALttP worked well on SnemulDS.

...but I don't know if I want to trade the yells from the gba version for the minor graphical glitches of the SnemulDS emulation
I'm also using a Ez Flash 3 In 1, so it will not have any kind of slowdowns ...don't really know how consistent SnemulDS will act on that matter..

I'll probably test SnemulDS latter, but I guess I will play the gba version for now.. ..and keep hoping for a better patch too :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.