Gaming GBA screen polishing?

sobieslav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello.

I just recently bought a GBA and I love it. Waiting for my EZFlash IV to arrive. Until that I am wondering has anybody tried to get rid of those nasty scratches on the screen that with age and use get more and more annoying? Maybe polishing it or some other ways to do it? I've also seen some replacement screens for sale from china - are those worth any money at all?

Thanks.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Err, polishing plastic might lead it to be completely unusable, so I think thats a stupid idea.
I don't know about the chinese replacements, but I don't know if its possible to make a screen lid with crap quality.

Oh, and are you talking about the screen itself, or the plastic lid on it?

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ebay resellers have the screens for both the original game boy advance and the sp models.

original game boy advance screen
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-Lens-Screen-Repair-Part-Original-Game-Boy-Advance-GBA-w-Logo-/260904504418?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbf1ecc62

game boy advance sp screen (replacing this one requires you to disassemble the game boy advance sp)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-GBA-SP-Official-Replacement-Screen-New-GameBoy-Advance-Part-/270899093258?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f12d81f0a

sobieslav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I mean the plastic lid. Sorry for the confusion.

EDIT: Okay so it's just best to buy a replacement screen then? They seem cheap. Is the replacement itself hard to do? Oh and I have the standard GBA AGB-001

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you just pull off the old one, peel the backing from the new one and stick it in place.

nintendo used to include a tool (really more like a ring) that had a really strong glue where you peeled off the backing, stuck the ring onto your old screen and pulled it off the system. without, you just have to make sure that you're careful and use something like a spudger (plastic wedge) to pry the old screen off of the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-