GBA screen polishing?

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by sobieslav, Jan 24, 2012.

Jan 24, 2012

GBA screen polishing? by sobieslav at 6:45 PM (548 Views / 0 Likes) 5 Comments

• Newcomer

sobieslav New Member

Message Count:
    Antarctica
    Hello.

I just recently bought a GBA and I love it. Waiting for my EZFlash IV to arrive. Until that I am wondering has anybody tried to get rid of those nasty scratches on the screen that with age and use get more and more annoying? Maybe polishing it or some other ways to do it? I've also seen some replacement screens for sale from china - are those worth any money at all?

Thanks.

AlanJohn Fuck you and a happy new year! :3

Message Count:
    Ukraine
    Err, polishing plastic might lead it to be completely unusable, so I think thats a stupid idea.
    I don't know about the chinese replacements, but I don't know if its possible to make a screen lid with crap quality.

Oh, and are you talking about the screen itself, or the plastic lid on it?

thieves like us chaos personified

Message Count:
    United States
    ebay resellers have the screens for both the original game boy advance and the sp models.

original game boy advance screen
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-Lens-Screen-Repair-Part-Original-Game-Boy-Advance-GBA-w-Logo-/260904504418?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbf1ecc62

game boy advance sp screen (replacing this one requires you to disassemble the game boy advance sp)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-GBA-SP-Official-Replacement-Screen-New-GameBoy-Advance-Part-/270899093258?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f12d81f0a
    • Newcomer

sobieslav New Member

Message Count:
    Antarctica
    Yes I mean the plastic lid. Sorry for the confusion.

EDIT: Okay so it's just best to buy a replacement screen then? They seem cheap. Is the replacement itself hard to do? Oh and I have the standard GBA AGB-001

thieves like us chaos personified

Message Count:
    United States
    you just pull off the old one, peel the backing from the new one and stick it in place.

nintendo used to include a tool (really more like a ring) that had a really strong glue where you peeled off the backing, stuck the ring onto your old screen and pulled it off the system. without, you just have to make sure that you're careful and use something like a spudger (plastic wedge) to pry the old screen off of the system.
    • Newcomer

sobieslav New Member

Message Count:
    Antarctica
    So are those replacement screens any good? Are they original Nintendo products?