Hardware GBA GBA - Mod AGS 101 Display - Problem - Ghosting - picture by picture.

metal1ks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Greetings to all! Help solve the ghost problem. The picture is superimposed on the picture. I removed the horizontal stripes by soldering the wire, but a ghosting effect appeared on the display, which is also a picture in the picture. Motherboard 40 pins, display with brown cable. I will attach photos.

Attachments

• image-13-05-23-11-57.jpeg
    image-13-05-23-11-57.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 50
  • image-13-05-23-11-57-1.jpeg
    image-13-05-23-11-57-1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
  • image-13-05-23-11-57-2.jpeg
    image-13-05-23-11-57-2.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 46
  • image-13-05-23-11-57-3.jpeg
    image-13-05-23-11-57-3.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50

patters

Trophies
XP
Country
I think what you may be seeing is image retention because a lot of these IPS screens are complete crap. See here:

I went for an ITA screen which, as far as I can tell, doesn't have these issues and looks more authentic since it has the pixel grid lines of the original screen.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I think what you may be seeing is image retention because a lot of these IPS screens are complete crap. See here:

I went for an ITA screen which, as far as I can tell, doesn't have these issues and looks more authentic since it has the pixel grid lines of the original screen.

The ITA screen is just a DSi screen with a ribbon afapter.

patters

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure what you mean - did you intend to type 'trail' perhaps?
In your first post you mention that you eliminated horizontal stripes by soldering a wire. Normally you adjust the potentiometer in the battery compartment area to remove the appearance of a sort of horizontal scanline effect since apparently that resistor has to be very accurately matched for the specific LCD. I certainly had to do that for my ITA screen. So perhaps that wire is superfluous?

Last edited by patters,

metal1ks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Not sure what you mean - did you intend to type 'trail' perhaps?
In your first post you mention that you eliminated horizontal stripes by soldering a wire. Normally you adjust the potentiometer in the battery compartment area to remove the appearance of a sort of horizontal scanline effect since apparently that resistor has to be very accurately matched for the specific LCD. I certainly had to do that for my ITA screen. So perhaps that wire is superfluous?
The wire is not superfluous, the potentiometer did not remove the horizontal lines on the display, so the wire was soldered. The problem is that, for example: I open the card in the game, then I close it, and the card remains on the display, look at the photo I attached in the attachment (Castellania).
Post automatically merged:

The wire is not superfluous, the potentiometer did not remove the horizontal lines on the display, so the wire was soldered. The problem is that, for example: I open the card in the game, then I close it, and the card remains on the display, look at the photo I attached in the attachment (Castellania).
The effect of the picture remains in the picture, in a semi-transparent form, then disappears.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You woke sob +2