GBA Loading games issue

DeadpanSnarker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys (new here!),
I own a Gameboy Advance (original model AGB-001), which I modded a few days ago with a IPS backlit screen. Everything worked fine (played some Pokemon games from OG cartridges and other games from a EZ-Flash IV) until this morning, when I mistakenly swapped carts without plugging off the console. Ever since, the console fails to load games, I get the Nintendo logo but then it moves to a black screen; this happen with all cartridges. The EZ sometimes loads fine but I get garbled data for the files stored in the SD. Opened the console, but the pins look just fine.
Also, now when I try to load a cartridge it might display the credit screen of the previous game, and then move to the black screen (this completely baffled me).
What's going on?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi guys (new here!),
I own a Gameboy Advance (original model AGB-001), which I modded a few days ago with a IPS backlit screen. Everything worked fine (played some Pokemon games from OG cartridges and other games from a EZ-Flash IV) until this morning, when I mistakenly swapped carts without plugging off the console. Ever since, the console fails to load games, I get the Nintendo logo but then it moves to a black screen; this happen with all cartridges. The EZ sometimes loads fine but I get garbled data for the files stored in the SD. Opened the console, but the pins look just fine.
Also, now when I try to load a cartridge it might display the credit screen of the previous game, and then move to the black screen (this completely baffled me).
What's going on?
It's possible you fried something, it's rare for unplugging a cart while powered to cause damage, but it can happen. That's why we never got Stop n Swop on the N64.

Reactions: DeadpanSnarker

DeadpanSnarker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's possible you fried something, it's rare for unplugging a cart while powered to cause damage, but it can happen. That's why we never got Stop n Swop on the N64.
How can I check this? Also why does it still load the EZ (although with bad data)?
Post automatically merged:

UPDATE: I just disassembled the console AND a cartridge (Pokemon LeafGreen) and I tried to plug the cartridge with the back only in the motherboard. While all pins are aligned before I put it in, It seems like the last pin moves away from the cart before the others. Is it normal? Could this be the issue?
UPDATE #2: After fiddling a bit with the cartridge I managed to boot and play a game twice in a row. After I removed that cartridge it went back to square one. I have no idea what the problem is, probably some faulty contacts and the cart was by chance in the right place?
(sorry for the updates, a great love story is unfolding here)

Last edited by DeadpanSnarker,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o