Shawn ShyGuy

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully I'm asking in the right place about this.
I have a setup that sound like it could theoretically work, but I haven't seen anything online about it. I have one of those GBA-to-GC link cables (the one for the Tingle Tuner, among other things) and a Gamecube-to-USB adapter (this one, specifically. I also have access to the official gamecube Sm4sh adapter)
Now, what I'm wondering is, if I can use this a PC controller? From what I can tell, the way it's intended to work is that the GameCube sends it a small ROM of some sort, and then it can use that rom to take inputs and send it back to the GameCube. So is it possible to send a rom to the GBA through a link cable on PC? and then have said rom send the inputs from the GBA back to the PC, and then let you use your GBA as a PC controller?

TL;DR, can I use my GBA as a PC controller through a GBA-to-GC and then GC-to-PC adapter?

P

pasc

Did you try it and succeed ?

Even if not: Did you try the following: GBA -> GBA2GC-Cable -> GC2Wii-Mote -> ??? -> Profit ?

(There exist cables from GC to Wii...)

MetroidMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno if this got answered yet already, but I managed to get my GBA SP to link up to my PC using a flash cart, the GC-Analog rom from GBI, the GBA-GC link cable, and my Mayflash GC Controller Adapter put in PC mode. Worked flawlessly on Bizhawk, with no noticeable input lag.

Reactions: Xzi

djjomon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno if this got answered yet already, but I managed to get my GBA SP to link up to my PC using a flash cart, the GC-Analog rom from GBI, the GBA-GC link cable, and my Mayflash GC Controller Adapter put in PC mode. Worked flawlessly on Bizhawk, with no noticeable input lag.
Hey, sorry to necrobump, but can you please explain this process?

Reactions: manuelx98

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...