Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly, as nice as a free solution would be (all hail the PSP lol), once you have money to spend, buying a flash cart really isn't a big deal. I mean, Gateway can be bought for as low as $60, right? That's nothing. That's 1.5 3DS games, or one current gen game. I'm pretty sure most people can swing that. They've shown that $60 will buy you continued support, reliable updates (with the exception of the bricking incident awhile back), and all the features you want.

w0dash

noob
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't think they'd just ship it to Europe. If you want to import it, you should probably look on Ebay instead.
Btw, I'd personally get an Australian one, but apparently they're mad overpriced now.

I guess I have to use a service like Tenso. I have no experience with that kind of stuff, but I will try it. They basically offer you a japanese adress and forward everything to you for a small fee. Should be still way cheaper than AUS.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I am shocked. Shocked, I tell you!!!

I don't know what to think... How did they just blow all the scene open to piracy just like that...

gamesquest1

Probably not, the card will still run perhaps...
I plan on keeping my second 3ds in 4.5 still.
it would make sense for them to step away from 4.x though and leave MT card in the dust im sure the protection on this update will be like 400MB of obfuscation XD (slight exaggeration :P).....no point them wasting time developing for 2 different FW's if this will have everything 4.x does
no wonder gateway where taking the piss with that 10 x 10 games comment in regards to sky3ds....that things is now the biggest joke going :P

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's my birthday in 48mins, best early present ever this ;) All the little features that are being supported on the N3DS like the still confirmed but not known extra features of MM, don't care if theres any N3DS exclusive games anymore either :P

Reactions: Queno138

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Note how it originally shows up as Mii Studio when it's inserted for the first time. This means it might use a completely different exploit then Cubic Ninja. Cubic Ninja just happened to be one of the roms they loaded on the SD card while they were doing the video. It was just there for testing most likely.

I bet what happened is that combined with research on how the Sky3DS worked, they used the Cubic Ninja exploit as a entry point to find a new exploit. Not sure how folks on 9.x systems will actually update their Gateway without a 4.5 console as I recall they mentioned 9.x users won't need new hardware to update the Gateway card. Could be like the SuperCard DSONie/DSTwo where they already have auto update feature with a special file needed on the SD card and all that's needed is for the card to be inserted into the 3DS and left alone for a few minutes. Much like the DSTwo, it only needs a power source to perform the update.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It's my birthday in 48mins, best early present ever this ;) All the little features that are being supported on the N3DS like the still confirmed but not known extra features of MM, don't care if theres any N3DS exclusive games anymore either :P
its my birthday in 1 day 48 mins.....so yeah i might treat myself too :P

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it would make sense for them to step away from 4.x though and leave MT card in the dust im sure the protection on this update will be like 400MB of obfuscation XD (slight exaggeration :P).....no point them wasting time developing for 2 different FW's if this will have everything 4.x does
no wonder gateway where taking the piss with that 10 x 10 games comment in regards to sky3ds....that things is now the biggest joke going :P

Indeed, in just a swift move, Gateway just took a big step in competition.
MT card is good somewhat but is limited to an outdated firmware.
Sky3ds... well they dug themselves in their own grave

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I am now laughing at all the dumba**es that bought a Sky3DS and tried to justify how it wasn't a scam and was somehow a good product. A Gateway runs for practically the same price or perhaps even cheaper if you know where to look and with this impending update will make the Sky3DS look like a cheap Chinese knockoff in comparison.

I hope you enjoyed blowing nearly a hundred bucks on a severely gimped piece of hardware that likely cost the company that made it only a third of the retail price to actually produce. Ha..ha...ha..

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Dec.1st?? Man we share the same bday, happy bday :D

Reactions: Doran754

gtaking112

Trophies
XP
Country
I just ordered a New 3DS XL from Ebay Australia :P can any aussies tell me what FW your new 3DS came on? If it's version 8 and the big N release an update before it gets here I'm screwed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff