Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GotKrypto76

That one PHP guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Alternative speculation.

They didn't show emunand, because it's not ready yet. Running on a new 3ds, emunand needs more work, compared to stuff like the multi-rom menu, region free.

Was thinking the same thing. Im guessing they released this video for all the non-believers and to show Sky3DS and the other clones they still run the 3DS flash card scene.

gamer-2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if i'm posting in the wrong spot.
ok i'm new here. i've been reading about this flash card and still trying to fully understand what i'm reading. anyway i just bought one of the new 3ds's with pokemon oras yesterday. my framware is at 9.2.0-20U. now my question is what are my options? can i or can i not use this card? i read about the 4.5 fw but i have no way of getting one. yes i know about ebay but i have never and will never use it.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Ordered a Gateway from WCRepairs but looks like they put my order on hold because apparently my contact info is wrong (triple checked and it wasn't). They said they need to talk to me on the phone :/

That'll be interesting. Every other Gateway verified retailer gave me some bs about my card or other information. If this one falls through then I guess it isn't meant to be. That or i wait for RHS..

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alternative speculation.

They didn't show emunand, because it's not ready yet. Running on a new 3ds, emunand needs more work, compared to stuff like the multi-rom menu, region free.
I was thinking the same. EmuNAND not being ready might be why they haven't released this version yet.

GotKrypto76

That one PHP guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Sorry if i'm posting in the wrong spot.
ok i'm new here. i've been reading about this flash card and still trying to fully understand what i'm reading. anyway i just bought one of the new 3ds's with pokemon oras yesterday. my framware is at 9.2.0-20U. now my question is what are my options? can i or can i not use this card? i read about the 4.5 fw but i have no way of getting one. yes i know about ebay but i have never and will never use it.

From what I've gathered you will be able to use this card on that firmware. But don't just go by my word, I would wait for someone with more time on here to answer that before you go out and buy one though.

Reactions: gamer-2

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope.Wood is just the kernel anyway and even it needs to be compatible with the hardware. You can encrypt any wood kernel and it might boot on the blue cart but it won't be able to read the SD card..

20141201_043306f9d8e.jpg

Blue Card still gets detected, only booting it up fails :)

Reactions: Margen67 and Kioku

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That'll be interesting. Every other Gateway verified retailer gave me some bs about my card or other information. If this one falls through then I guess it isn't meant to be. That or i wait for RHS..

Exact same here. All the other retailers would take me to some odd international portal and they would try to charge my Visa credit card internationally. WCRepairs was the only one that went through (and with my MasterCard only for some reason). Hope we both get our carts!

Reactions: Margen67 and Kioku

GotKrypto76

That one PHP guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Exact same here. All the other retailers would take me to some odd international portal and they would try to charge my Visa credit card internationally. WCRepairs was the only one that went through (and with my MasterCard only for some reason). Hope we both get our carts!

I may have just made a big mistake submitting an order with ModChipsDirect then.. When you made an order there did you get any email saying your order had been placed successfully?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I may have just made a big mistake submitting an order with ModChipsDirect then.. When you made an order there did you get any email saying your order had been placed successfully?

Yup. Just give it a minute. It'll either ship in the morning, or you'll get the same bs e-mail.

Screen Shot 2014-11-30 at 6.44.24 PM.png

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I bought a gateway from modchipsdirect in the beginning of October, it was shipped the next day and I received an email with the tracking #.

GotKrypto76

That one PHP guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Yup. Just give it a minute. It'll either ship in the morning, or you'll get the same bs e-mail.

View attachment 12328

What did you do when you got that? Im not sure if I should just go order one from somewhere else and never tell them to process the card again, or _ATTEMPT_ to work things out through customer support.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
What did you do when you got that? Im not sure if I should just go order one from somewhere else and never tell them to process the card again, or _ATTEMPT_ to work things out through customer support.

I cancelled. It's sketchy for me. Then I went and tried everything else. WCRepairs is the only one to have accepted my card so far. No issues, yet. If all else fails? I'll wait until RHS gets stock.

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nope. The Visa got declined and I got a notification about a suspicious charge on my card. It's odd because I ordered a DSTwo on ModChipsDirect last year and everything was fine. No clue what happened there but as long as the payment went through on your's everything should be good to go.

GotKrypto76

That one PHP guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I cancelled. It's sketchy for me. Then I went and tried everything else. WCRepairs is the only one to have accepted my card so far. No issues, yet. If all else fails? I'll wait until RHS gets stock.

My apologies for so much questions, I assure you I this is the last. I ordered as a guest, didn't make an account. Any clue how I would go about canceling since I purchased as a guest? Ive heard some horror stories about canceling orders and/or unfriendly customer support.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
My apologies for so much questions, I just have one last. I ordered as a guest, didn't make an account. Any clue how I would go about canceling since I purchased as a guest? Ive heard some horror stories about canceling orders and/or unfriendly customer support.

Did you get a confirmation e-mail? I'd say wait and see. If they give you no trouble, it's a decent site. Just found it odd. Otherwise, go their page and find their contact info.

GotKrypto76

That one PHP guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Did you get a confirmation e-mail? I'd say wait and see. If they give you no trouble, it's a decent site. Just found it odd. Otherwise, go their page and find their contact info.

Yup, I got a confirmation email, just haven't seen any money charged to the card, although Im going to blame that on the fact that it isn't a business day.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered my GW from them a couple of weeks ago before the NY storm on a Friday and it arrived on Tuesday. Absolutley no problems. I would call them and see what the problem is.

GotKrypto76

That one PHP guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I ordered my GW from them a couple of weeks ago before the NY storm on a Friday and it arrived on Tuesday. Absolutley no problems. I would call them and see what the problem is.

Are you able to remember if they took your money instantly or if it took a while, and if it was during the week when your purchased it?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you able to remember if they took your money instantly or if it took a while, and if it was during the week when your purchased it?

I placed my order with a U.S. debit card on a Friday morning. Received email confirmation shortly. It really was no different than ordering from Amazon. Truly uneventful. I even paid a few bucks for signature verification.

Things may be out of whack from all the Black Friday shopping going on. Better your bank puts an alert on your account than letting fraudulent charges go through. I sometimes get alerts on a credit card if I am traveling across states buying gas,McFood and such. A simple call takes care of everything.

Edit: Yahoo!!! I also just ordered a 32GB San Disk from Amazon for $12, to have on hand in case this happened "soon". :) Might want to pick up a 64GB or two as well. My boys are going to be thrilled this Christmas. Vizio E 48", Wii U, 8 games (1/2 used) and possibly a big collection of 3DS games as well.

The Wii U needs some love as well. Come on WiiKey, Cobra or whatever!

GotKrypto76

That one PHP guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I placed my order with a U.S. debit card on a Friday morning. Received email confirmation shortly. It really was no different than ordering from Amazon. Truly uneventful. I even paid a few bucks for signature verification.

Things may be out of whack from all the Black Friday shopping going on. Better your bank puts an alert on your account than letting fraudulent charges go through. I sometimes get alerts on a credit card if I am traveling across states buying gas,McFood and such. A simple call takes care of everything.

Alright, pretty much the same as me other than me ordering on a Sunday. You are probably right about Black Friday possibly causing some delay, I hadn't even thought of that. Thanks for your response!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeJincEpEM