Hacking Gateway 3DS Team Response to Clones and 2.0 update

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll try to grab a clone or two when I get the chance. Just to prove to you guys that these things are gonna blow chunks.

I am just thinking that gateway was the first one to release a 3ds mode flashcard they had a monopoly they could decide their own price as long people wanted to pay.. If they produced a card for $30 each and they are selling it for last time i checked 70-80 dollars. And if the clones are exactly the same and their teams are willing to take less profit by selling them for 50 dollars... yea of course team gateway would tell us the clones are of lesser quality.. So that's why i want someone to do a background check on the clones.

COME ON people maybe the gateway is just overpriced and the same thing can be remade exactly and then be sold for less by team clone that's a possibility right

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I'd like to also note that someone attempted to run the firmware they have for download using a GW3DS. Which failed to launched. I'm guessing that the GW3DS team changed something in the code post 1.0 when the launcher.dat file was decrypted but I also see the 3DSLink doesn't boast about being region free. Which is a major feature that they'd be promoting if they had it. Also on a side note they updated their website saying that firmware 2.0 is going to be out in about a week.
Have you been or are about to beta test it? Are you even allowed to say so if you are? :P

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you been or are about to beta test it? Are you even allowed to say so if you are? :P

By they I meant the 3DSLink people said that "their" 2.0 update will be out in about a week. As for the actually GW3DS update I've yet to get anything besides the email from the team. I'd definitely voice my opinions both to Tempers and the GW3DS team.

Reactions: Snailface

Rinth

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
No, it can happen, it just requires a ton of work.

Indeed, and just like PS3 perhaps they will find some way to downgrade firmware.

By they I meant the 3DSLink people said that "their" 2.0 update will be out in about a week. As for the actually GW3DS update I've yet to get anything besides the email from the team. I'd definitely voice my opinions both to Tempers and the GW3DS team.

Maybe their 2.0 will be cloned Gateway 1.2? :P

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why are people not realizing this again? If their console bricks they've no right to bitch about it not working. In fact, the forum should opt out to not support people who end up bricking their consoles from shoddy clones.

When the card are released and tested properly and they are really bad and they end up bricking handhelds it is going to get mentioned in reviews. If there are 3 cards to choose people are going to check reviews to compare those cards.. If those clones are really crappy then they are not going to get sold well..

I'll try to grab a clone or two when I get the chance. Just to prove to you guys that these things are gonna blow chunks.
I would like that^^

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how is it inferior hardware if they are using the same chinese hardware?

im not gonna go on about support because some companies just want to make a quick buck but lets stick to the hardware side of things

how is a clone any different than the original if they are using the same hardware? name? price?this is the kind of mentality that needs to die, its one that plagues the car community very much so, how is a replica exhaust any different than the name brand $2000 exhaust if its the same design and the same materials with the same kind of welds?

While your at it, i guess you're perfectly fine buying fake Gucci bags sold on the local street corner (Spelled GUCHIE). I mean they look the same and sound the same right? Just because they look the same and sort of(and i use this term very loosely) work the same doesn't mean they ARE the same. Clones ALWAYS have differences to the original, if they didn't they wouldn't be able to turn a profit. What would be the point of spending $10 less for a card without region free and firmware spoofing? That extra 10 gets you a wider library and more reliable support. For people who say the R4i team supports there products, that's all good and cool until you need to open it up and cut something to make it work right? Or maybe you would prefer the "Super Ultra Mega One-of-a-Kind Limited R4i Deluxe Platinum 3DS edition" flashcard coming to a store near you very soon after your clone dies at twice the price.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
lol gucci and guchie shouldn't really sound the same. when spelled, "gucci" lasts longer than "guchie". you guys don't know how to pronounce double letters >_> :P

anyway, I hope one of the new features that will surprise us is using cheats. I actually use flashcards in order to use cheat codes, especially with my favourite games. if I won't be able to play online with pokemon X or mario kart 7, I won't even buy the gateway and buy the real games, but this way I wouldn't be able to use cheats. it's a dilemma.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I doubt the GateWay card itself is that much important. It's just the best way the GateWay team has to sell their product and increase value. Smealum's work proves the same hack can run on the SD card slot on a 3DS.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I doubt the GateWay card itself is that much important. It's just the best way the GateWay team has to sell their product and increase value. Smealum's work proves the same hack can run on the SD card slot on a 3DS.

Again with the Smea hack...
Requote:
Smealum's work proves the same hack can run on the SD card slot on a 3DS.
That's exactly how the GW hack works...

esmrjones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the people saying gateway costs too much compared to clones are forgetting about the cost of RnD. The people who cracked the 3ds and made it able to play roms are not working for free. If you just copy
Their hard work then you don't have to pay for that process. There's more to a products cost then manufacturing. People who worked hard to crack it deserve a windfall IMO. If it wasn't lucrative if you actually got it working no one would try. And yes I am aware of the irony giving the device's function.

vinhdt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing devils advocate here, but there is always the possibility the clone teams can update their own fork of GWs updates and improve quality over time.

This is R4iGold team we're talking about here, not a no-name team.

I agree. They will have their own firmware updates which will probably be better than GWs updates because they copy from GW and add more features to it.

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree. They will have their own firmware updates which will probably be better than GWs updates because they copy from GW and add more features to it.

Not if their hardware is inferior. Gateway could easily copy from them as well and being people already have a Gateway now won't need to buy other cards.

Deadvolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to step on anybody's toes saying this.
Hope the release of various Clone Carts drive down the absurd price gouging $80+up Gateway Markets.
Is it honestly necessary to set a price quote so high? I understand time is valuable, but the given cost of materials, and with the market demand of possible sales. You'll sell more at less, and yield a higher profit. oppose to gamble to sell more with a higher price in hopes to meet margins.

Competition has a funny way of waking up business owners.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1