Gaming pet peeves

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, in this thread post about the things in video games, or gaming in general, that turn you off or are annoying to you. We are all different, our life situations, tastes etc. Would love to hear different perspectives about things that i like/or dislike in gaming.
Alright, mine are:
- Long (hour plus) tutorials that treat you like you've never played a video game in your life.
- Mini-game levels that are gimmicky, awkward to control, disturb the flow of the game, and add nothing to the overall story.
- Grinding, i wouldn't a mind a little bit of (optional) grinding myself, getting a few levels ahead of the game to make the experience easier for me. But not if it's anything obtrusive, like you need to keep doing the same thing in order to stock up ammo/ money to get necessary weapons, or you need to level up further so you'd have better accuracy..

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this one got buried.. Imma bring it out. ;)

- "Open-world" everything: I wouldn't mind a game have a dozen or less areas, places, dungeons whatever, but are condensed, interesting, varied and full with personality. Instead of boring, bland, open world sandbox with forgettable characters, townspeople, scenery etc. I could go on..

Last edited by CoolMe,

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
One I have a particular dislike for is unwinnable situations that were not your fault.
For example, I've been playing the Pathless which has stealth sections (which, if the movement/loadout is fun, can be pretty great) that put you in an arena where you have to sneak past a beast. This beast periodically despawns and respawns at different points in the arena, and I failed because it spawned right on top of me so there was literally nothing I could've done about it. Not gonna lie, that pissed me off.

Reactions: CoolMe

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when games began to be released on disc and larger carts, that you would be forced to sit through a series of logos showing you who all was involved with bringing the game to market.

Then each and every game had to remind you what your joystick looked like, and how to play said game, without the option to skip it.

Of course when the Japanese anime scene came out from the underground and went main stream, the animation styles all seemed to dissolve into one or two basic styles, the writing became less immaginative, and all in all they began to remind me of a sci-fi channel production or your mom's favorite soap.

I hate when games like Star Wars Forced Unleashed become cannon in the story they are borrowing from considering that it was called "Unleashed" because it was over the top and didn't fit in well with the original movies. Though at this point no one notices because Star Wars is full on retarded across the board.

Oh and on-line updates. I'd rather wait 5 years on a game, buy it in cart format, and know 10 years down the road when I go to play that game, that's it's not going to be buggy because I don't have access to updates anymore. HIRE BIGGER AND BETTER TESTING TEAMS!!! Save the updates for a Deluxe edition with bonus content that you can charge more for.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe if you quit sucking at the game, it'd let you advance to the next level.. :P

I do not suck on gaming :angry:

I Suck On...!

oops, I almost said on peckers. :blush:

Last edited by AncientBoi,
  • Love

elBenyo

Wad of meat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lag, a quantum internet can not come fast enough. I got cheated out of a few obvious situations in Fall Guys the other day and laughed at 15+ years of me blaming latency. Ping was probably 8ms at the time 😂 PS4 is on Ethernet but I think I get jitter when the fam streams TVs. My service is decent at 400mbs down, 40mbs up.

Last edited by elBenyo,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backtracking. Now it's not so bad when you're dealing with a closed area/stage, when you're supposed to collect a fixed amount of collectathons that are easy (and less frustrating) to track, or a hidden area you can't access until you get an item or power up.. But when it is for a openworld game it's just ridiculous..

Reactions: AncientBoi

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backtracking. Now it's not so bad when you're dealing with a closed area/stage, when you're supposed to collect a fixed amount of collectathons that are easy (and less frustrating) to track, or a hidden area you can't access until you get an item or power up.. But when it is for a openworld game it's just ridiculous..

Soo true. Even in MGSPW I came across such a thing. Hated it.

• Sad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: