GameStop: Switch your Switch for another Switch

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This reminds me back at age of ps4: i traded my old ps4 then get a new Batman skin arkham knight ps4 bundle, the credits u get for ''trade-in'' can only used to purchase another same console, so it's for a new Shiny Non-hackable Switch :)

A sane stingy pirate who wish ''free games'' would never ever do this.

Last edited by leon315,
Reactions: CallmeBerto

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don't fall for this shit, guys.

The statement for the reason of the trade is nothing but a fucking lame excuse.
The real reason is that Nintendo wants you to trade-in hackable/exploitable units for ipatched ones, so that the amount of exploitable units in the wild is reduced considerably.

Give Nintendo the middle finger instead .l.
That's what those assholes deserve.

this has literally nothing to do with nintendo.
it's just gamestops businessmodel. they only earn like 5-10$ on selling a new, sealed game, but twice or thrice that when selling a used game. since they only pay a customer a few bucks in store credit for their used game, they keep the difference. selling a new game on the other hand, they have to pay the publisher/middlemen like 60 bucks for a game they sell for 70$.
its the same with consoles, but the margins are somewhere in the 40$ new sell vs 120$ used sell area.

basically, they're trying to get rid of the less profitable switches as quickly as possible so they can move on to selling the profitable used ones.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
They're going to end up with all the "bad" Switches. Banned units, bent units, cracked plastic, JoyCon issues, you name it.
You get a new switch AND store credit? That's not a bad offer. Not worth it for me, but still pretty decent
Pretty sure you just get $200 towards the new Switch.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But you said pine apple...