Gamestop has sold out preorder deluxe Wii U stock nationwide

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, 'cause of the circumstances, I had to perolder the white one, on the last day too.

So did I, I didn't want to pay for shipping, so I went to Gamestop and pre-ordered one. Sure it was only the basic one, but I didn't care, I have a 500GB HDD anyway.

Reactions: 1 person

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, 'cause of the circumstances, I had to perolder the white one, on the last day too.

So did I, I didn't want to pay for shipping, so I went to Gamestop and pre-ordered one. Sure it was only the basic one, but I didn't care, I have a 500GB HDD anyway.

At least you guys are getting one any ways so congrats.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

At least you guys are getting one any ways so congrats.
Thanks. Yeah, I have a HDD and I may just cover the wii u with a case anyway.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone here have multiple preordered? Not for flipping but to just guarantee that they get one.

I know on another forum I go to many people have 2-3 preordered at different locations, some online and some retail. I just wonder what the actual # Nintendo will tell each place they are getting. Since most of the general public do not have any idea of the Wii U, if Nintendo will make more systems this time around and every place is just prematurely limiting preorders just in case they do not receive a large supply.

I personally am going to try to get one at Walmart, since I get an employee discount that makes it worth waiting.

The system does look to be really good but quite a few games seem to be re-releases of PS3/360 games, which is good for some but bad for others.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone here have multiple preordered? Not for flipping but to just guarantee that they get one.

I know on another forum I go to many people have 2-3 preordered at different locations, some online and some retail. I just wonder what the actual # Nintendo will tell each place they are getting. Since most of the general public do not have any idea of the Wii U, if Nintendo will make more systems this time around and every place is just prematurely limiting preorders just in case they do not receive a large supply.

I personally am going to try to get one at Walmart, since I get an employee discount that makes it worth waiting.

The system does look to be really good but quite a few games seem to be re-releases of PS3/360 games, which is good for some but bad for others.

Yes, re-releases (but improved re-releases). If anything though, it is to give it a launch start alongside the more unique and exclusive titles, because games take time to make, and those games have already been made. Expect more as time goes on.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Yes, re-releases (but improved re-releases). If anything though, it is to give it a launch start alongside the more unique and exclusive titles, because games take time to make, and those games have already been made. Expect more as time goes on.

I don't mind the re-releases since some people may not have bought a 360/PS3(I have a few friends that did this). I am just disappointed that Pikmin 3 is not a launch title.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I don't mind the re-releases since some people may not have bought a 360/PS3(I have a few friends that did this). I am just disappointed that Pikmin 3 is not a launch title.
Hey, you can't rush quality.

MindC0ntroll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So fans of the first game who played it on the PS3/360 have no right to b!tch about a game, coming to a Nintendo console when Nintendo fans never played the first game in the first place

It is a big assumption to make isn't it?

I think he's talking about that crowd that only owned the Wii this console generation (for which the ports of Arkham City, ME3, etc. are supposed to be tailored to)... which would make the assumption true. They would have been completely incapable of playing through Bayonetta without a PS3 or 360.

Yes, that's what I initially meant.

MindC0ntroll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) How long will 8 GB and 32 GB of storage last you? I have (or had) at least 50-60 GB of games (5 retail, couple PSN) installed onto my PS3. Justifying a $350 console with only 32 GB storage is difficult. It's Nintendo's own fault for focusing too much on the gimmicks I.E the WiiPad

*Sigh* If 8 and 32GB are too small for storage space and you neither have an SD card or a USB hard drive, you're the one at fault. Nintendo should not be held accountable for one's stupidity.
Focusing on gimmicks? Gee, I guess the PS3 Move, Xbox Kinect, Wiimote, Dualshock controller and D-pad analogue sticks are all gimmicks that never had a chance of taking off.

2) A couple of old PS3/360 multiplats and a few exclusives, ZombiiU being the only core exclusive is also pretty hard to justify

I guess that would mean that Rayman Legends, ZombiU, Monster Hunter 3G, New Super Mario Bros U and Pikmin 3 are all doomed to fail and are deterrents for people not buying a console.
Did the PS3 or Xbox 360 have any worthwhile exclusives to justify its purchase at launch?

3) So fans of the first game who played it on the PS3/360 have no right to b!tch about a game, coming to a Nintendo console when Nintendo fans never played the first game in the first place, onto a console they don't want to buy/don't have the money to buy? Nintendo pulling an MS is really a d!ckmove...

So when Microsoft and Sony buy exclusivity rights to a game series, it's perfectly fine (*Cough* Rare *cough*), people don't mind, but when Nintendo buys a series to have a game released only on their console, people rip them to shreds as though they committed some unforgivable crime.

4) Once again, hard to justify when you only get 32 GB of storage because of how expensive the pad is
Seriously, you're irritated over people criticizing a video game? They're just games...
And before I'm labeled a Nintendo hater, look below at me 3DS friend code, I bought one at launch.

You just repeated reason number one, but I never called specifically you a Nintendo hater, just certain groups of people on this site. If "they're just games", people need to shut up about the whole Bayonetta thing and the lack of seemingly non-expandable storage and move on. But, they all seem hellbent on dragging a dead corpse about it and refuse to let it go.

1) I wasn't b!tching about the small storage. I was putting it out there as a possibility to WHY people were b!tching in the first place. It's not because we're all "Nintendo haters", it's because 32 GB in today's world of Digital Distribution (Games, Music, Video) is not enough. "One's stupidity?" Seriously? Geez, sorry for complaining about not having enough space for games later along the road...

2) I, and a lot of people, don't consider Pikmin and NSMBU as a "core" game. Monster Hunter is simply an HD version of the game on Wii, ZombiiU and Rayman Legends are the only ones I am interested in slightly. But because the 360 and PS3 had few games at launch, the Wii U's should be excused?

3) Did I ever say I was fine with Sony and MS pulling exclusive rights? All you're doing is making up arguments over things I never stated in the first place... It's not right for AC3 DLC to be available first on PS3 and it's not right for MS to hold Skyrim DLC first on 360. It's a messed up business practice but then again, it's business.

4) If people played the first game pf a franchise on their console and are unable to play the second game because of exclusivity rights, then what'd you expect? They either have no money to buy a new console or they just plain don't want to because of preference.

D

Deleted User

1) How long will 8 GB and 32 GB of storage last you? I have (or had) at least 50-60 GB of games (5 retail, couple PSN) installed onto my PS3. Justifying a $350 console with only 32 GB storage is difficult. It's Nintendo's own fault for focusing too much on the gimmicks I.E the WiiPad

*Sigh* If 8 and 32GB are too small for storage space and you neither have an SD card or a USB hard drive, you're the one at fault. Nintendo should not be held accountable for one's stupidity.
Focusing on gimmicks? Gee, I guess the PS3 Move, Xbox Kinect, Wiimote, Dualshock controller and D-pad analogue sticks are all gimmicks that never had a chance of taking off.

2) A couple of old PS3/360 multiplats and a few exclusives, ZombiiU being the only core exclusive is also pretty hard to justify

I guess that would mean that Rayman Legends, ZombiU, Monster Hunter 3G, New Super Mario Bros U and Pikmin 3 are all doomed to fail and are deterrents for people not buying a console.
Did the PS3 or Xbox 360 have any worthwhile exclusives to justify its purchase at launch?

3) So fans of the first game who played it on the PS3/360 have no right to b!tch about a game, coming to a Nintendo console when Nintendo fans never played the first game in the first place, onto a console they don't want to buy/don't have the money to buy? Nintendo pulling an MS is really a d!ckmove...

So when Microsoft and Sony buy exclusivity rights to a game series, it's perfectly fine (*Cough* Rare *cough*), people don't mind, but when Nintendo buys a series to have a game released only on their console, people rip them to shreds as though they committed some unforgivable crime.

4) Once again, hard to justify when you only get 32 GB of storage because of how expensive the pad is
Seriously, you're irritated over people criticizing a video game? They're just games...
And before I'm labeled a Nintendo hater, look below at me 3DS friend code, I bought one at launch.

You just repeated reason number one, but I never called specifically you a Nintendo hater, just certain groups of people on this site. If "they're just games", people need to shut up about the whole Bayonetta thing and the lack of seemingly non-expandable storage and move on. But, they all seem hellbent on dragging a dead corpse about it and refuse to let it go.

1) I wasn't b!tching about the small storage. I was putting it out there as a possibility to WHY people were b!tching in the first place. It's not because we're all "Nintendo haters", it's because 32 GB in today's world of Digital Distribution (Games, Music, Video) is not enough. "One's stupidity?" Seriously? Geez, sorry for complaining about not having enough space for games later along the road...

2) I, and a lot of people, don't consider Pikmin and NSMBU as a "core" game. Monster Hunter is simply an HD version of the game on Wii, ZombiiU and Rayman Legends are the only ones I am interested in slightly. But because the 360 and PS3 had few games at launch, the Wii U's should be excused?

3) Did I ever say I was fine with Sony and MS pulling exclusive rights? All you're doing is making up arguments over things I never stated in the first place... It's not right for AC3 DLC to be available first on PS3 and it's not right for MS to hold Skyrim DLC first on 360. It's a messed up business practice but then again, it's business.

4) If people played the first game pf a franchise on their console and are unable to play the second game because of exclusivity rights, then what'd you expect? They either have no money to buy a new console or they just plain don't want to because of preference.

There should be no issue with the storage size nintendo has stated that you can use usb hard drives for extra storage

Yumi

With Love<3
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm already seeing Wii U's resell priced at 600's (32gb) on ebay. Just pathetic. I'd only pay that much if I was rich and/or spoiled (yeah, I would).
I've yet to play SMG 1 & 2 (I know, lame right?), haven't finish Xenoblade, haven't finished HRFever, i'm still playing AC:City Folk, and other titles I know I'm still behind.
So, I have no problem waiting a year or so to find it in discount prices. As for the games, the line-up isn't so bad. Could have been worse. But I would definitely like to see more of Nintendo Land just to see a teaser of what it can do and what foreshadows for it's future. It's nice to see something different again from Nintendo even though they are finally just passing xbo360/ps3 quality standards(who knows? maybe even more.)
I just love seeing gaming evolve every 4-6 years.
Cheers!
[Fun note: it'll be around 3,312(8gb)/4,459(32gb) Pesos in Mexico. Yeeaaahhhh, no thank you]

That the TVii looks magnificent though!

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are the end times my friends.....

Repent now I say! repent before the end! can you not see! this is a sign! the end of our world truely is near, and soon all shall end... for this is one of the signs of the Apocalypse.

That said, and a bit spooky cause I feel it true.... ... the Wii was a bit of a flop to me so few actual games in my opinion. If not for the two Zelda games on it, I would have never even bought one even with its current list of games. So few actual games.... I guess there are more hard core or depth gamers and then there is every one else... and it looks like every one else just bought a Wii U?

Not sure if this post will count as a troll but its my opinion...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: still, you're forgiven +2