Gamesave Modifier for Zelda TOTK to Restore and Refill Items Directly in an Emulator's Gamesave Directory

principia16870705

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE NOTE: I have only tested this on Zelda TOTK v1.0. If you are using another version, PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

Hi all, I made a windows/linux app to modify my totk game save files directly in my emulator's folders, which is quicker and easier than other mod methods I had run into. I use it to restore weapon durability and to refill inventory items, instead of using item duplication glitches.

I uploaded the app to:
Downloads > Nintendo Switch > Tools & Utilities

I spent way too much time working on this app, so I hope other people can get some use and enjoyment from it.

Here is more information from the github readme:

--------------------
The Description

A small app that allows a player to modify their Zelda TOTK gamesaves directly in their emulator's gamesave directory. When the TOTK game auto-saves or manual-saves, a player can refresh this app, click its options, and then reload their game from the TOTK pause menu. The process is designed to be quick and simple.

When the game reloads from the modified gamesave data, the player can have full durability of their swords, bows, and shields. This app can also refill hearts, arrows, rupees, and material quantities. This app is meant to maintain the fun of finding new types of items, so it does not give the player new items, but simply restores or refills the player's current items.

--------------------
The Lore

I was thinking, instead of using duplication glitches, it would be nice if my character could take a rest while a Santa Claus-like being repaired my weapons and maybe filled my stockings with a few rupees and item refills.

So that's the basic idea, but instead of Saint Nick we have a troupe of magic frogs whose origin is clouded in mystery. Perhaps they operate secretly while our character is sleeping. Perhaps they hold the weapons gently and whisper healing incantations. Or, perhaps they heat the weapons in a portable froggish forge and pound them into shape while drinking froggish beverages and singing rowdy froggish melodies. Perhaps they are the size of spring peepers, or perhaps they are more like dwarves, or perhaps their size would dwarf a human. I leave it to the user to decide.

app_preview.png

--------------------
Another Angle

I wanted to spend more time enjoying my favorite weapons and items, more time exploring, and less time replacing broken weapons. I also didn't want to ruin the fun of finding new types of items, so this app was developed with the goal of simply restoring or refilling current items.

Before I developed this app, I was getting a similar game-play experience by using item and weapon duplication glitches to prolong the durability of weapons, but weapon duplication glitches need you to leave some weapons untouched which is tedious, and performing any glitch is a bit tedious anyway. This app replaces the duplication glitches that I had been using.

--------------------
Download this App as an Executable File

I uploaded a zip file that contains an exe for windows and a bin for linux.
It is in this section:
Downloads > Nintendo Switch > Tools & Utilities

--------------------
Trying the App with Test Data

You can use this app directly on your TOTK gamesaves, but you can also use the test data in the zip file. To try out this app's look and feel while reading gamesaves from an emulator's directories, unzip "for_testing_only_parent_directory.zip." To try out this app's look and feel while reading gamesave data from an individual file, use "for_testing_only_progress.sav."

--------------------
Running and Building

If you want to run or build from the source code, please search for this project on github.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto