Homebrew GCN [Gamecube] Memory Card can´t save ROM games?

ShadowKyuubi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I haven´t found a similar thread yet, so I´ve decided to create one.
So I´ve bought an Action Replay Disc for my Gamecube a few months ago. I used it to install Swiss and to be able to play region-exclusive ROM games. It works perfectly fine until I try to save a game, then it says that the memory card is corrupted and must be formatted. But if I play a normale game disc, I can just save the game normally. Now I don´t know if the Swiss application doesn´t work or if the memory card is broken.
I use some third-party memory card from Amazon.
Maybe someone can help me?

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
While I don't know whether this is still the case, in the days of yore there was an issue with having saves of multiple regions on one card leading to corruption. I don't know if that's still the case (or indeed if it is true at all) but that might be the problem. You can use swiss to make virtual memory cards on your SD though. It won't work for every game, but it should work for quite a few of them.

Reactions: DumpsterDivin

cartergamegeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japanese saves will mess up an EU or US memory card. So always watch out with that. 3rd party cards can be bad as well. This month the MemCard PRO GC will drop and that company is building a Memory Card that uses a Micro SD Card to make saves so you can get tons of GC memory all in one place. It is likely your card being weird or mixing saves messing with it. Hard to 100% say for sure but I have seen saves get weird before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y