wiimii

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
hi

I have a few gamecube isos, in rared files , but when i extract the .rar file (expecting an .iso of the game) it extracts another .rar file .

So i then try to extract this .rar and i get an error saying no archives found.....WTF ?

It does this with all the .rar files i have ( metroid prime , metroid prime 2 , and resident evil zero)

Am i doing something wrong. With other games , ive always extracted the .rar and being given an image file , so im puzzled really wtf, how do i get the image?

wiimii

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
You're sure your not just getting a .iso file that you are trying to extract with winrar but should actually burn as an iso?

yeh, winrar ascociates with .iso so it can make it look like a .rar file ...uncheck 'hide file extensons' in the folder option of windows, to see the extension

hide file extensons. is already unchecked. the file has the 3 books stacked on top of each other ( winrar file) the file name is metroid prime 2 .iso but its a rar file (wierd).

I tried renaming it to just metroid prime 2 and then tried extracting it but still the same error,

wiimii

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
as strange as it seems i burnt the rar to disk and it works.......

but why is it not an iso image file ,

the weird thing is my pc cant read the disk when i put it in but it can usually read whats on a gamecube game disk ,

ohh well thanks anyway , at least it works

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
it is an .iso you said it yourself

if you don't want winrar to 'asociate' with .iso uncheck it in the winrar options page (ascociations tab)

and yeh i know i probably can't spell 'asociate'
wink.gif

wiimii

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
as strange as it seems i burnt the rar to disk and it works.......

ORLY ?

Maybe because that's not a rar but an iso, you said it yourself...

well if this is the case why wouldnt win rar recognise my other wii and gamecube isos as winrar files , its only these particular few that have done this , i think its something to do with the way the person compressed the iso .

Just because my mp3s are associated with Windows Media Player doesn't mean I need to use it to play mp3s... I can use whatever program I want. That's the same with isos. It's associated with Winrar on your computer because regular isos can be unzipped... But just open your fricken burning software and open the iso with it...

QUOTE(Retal @ Sep 3 2007, 04:00 PM)
BUT IT CAN HAS BOOKS STACKED ON TOPS OF EACH OTHERS SO IT IZ WINRARS YEAH? I CAN HAS CHEEZEBURGER NOWS>????//

LOL IM IN UR COMPUTRZ MAKIN SCIENCES
48286520.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips