GameCube Backup Launcher 0.2

omgwtflol420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got the HBC and Backup Loader 0.3 with the 002 fix installed, but I've since updated to v4.0. Does this prevent me from running/installing the backup loader, or can I start it up directly through the HBC instead of installing it to the menu?

My apologies for my general stupidity, especially if this has been asked before, and thanks in advance.

slick1109

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey WiiGator.... First off, THANKS for this awesome Loader. Everyone has wanted a WII GC loader for years now and you finally pulled it off. You are THE MAN, and thanks again for what must have been a lot of grueling hours of hard work.

On a lighter note, your last two versions have worked great, but the current version 2.0 caused my gamecube controller to stop working once the game loads. The controller works fine during your backup launcher screen, but once the game loads none of the buttons will respond. I cant press "start" to load the game or anything else, so the opening videos just keep looping. I have tested the games and controller with your previous versions and they work perfectly, but 2.0 gives me a complete GC controller failure in the game.

Just for reference, ..... softmodded Wii only, no hard mods, never updated, version 3.1U, twilight hack with gamma loader and your GC blackup launcher. Games are backups, some multi, some single, all working fine with previous versions, just not 2.0. Hope that helps.

-Slick

antipode

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I just want to compliment you on this excellent release - everything I've fired at it (at least that was confirmed to work by the compatibility list) has worked flawlessly! Thank you for making this so easy to install and use.

The one problem I've had with it so far is with Beyond Good and Evil (ntsc, non-shrunken), burned on its own DVD. It loads fine and makes it to the language selection screen, but doesn't recognize any controller input (it's not frozen, the menu still moves and all - I just can't affect anything on-screen). I can't seem to figure out exactly what's causing this problem, and I haven't seen anyone else with it after searching for awhile. My guess is because I actually have a previous BG&E save on my memory card, it's somehow interfering with it? Chances are I'm wrong, and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. I've tried loading it in as many different ways as I can and have patched the MIOS, but haven't made any difference.

EDIT: Yeah, slick1109 - that's the exact same issue I'm having. But other games I've tried have worked perfectly fine - BG&E is the only one I've run into this with so far.

Djrabbit

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Okey thanks for the answer, is there any straight forward guide to how to install this?
Im pretty new at this just managed to get the USB loader in but thats it, got 3.2e firmware.

LeonardoGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question...
Are saves from Theta working?

I'd change them to work in Xi, but the Gamecube Save Extractor doesn't work with official memory cards.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LeonardoGolden said:
I have a question...
Are saves from Theta working?

If they didn't work in Xi they won't work in 2.0
The reason they don't work is because of the wrong file name and if you can't change that then either wait for or make an app that works on official memory cards or just make new saves.

trio3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi i just downloaded the GC Backup loader 0.2, but i have no idea what to do with it, as it is not a dol file so i cant run it through homebrew, btw its a .file2 file

secretchaos1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Loader was working great for me earlier today, but then I disconnected my wii and reconnected it downstairs, and ever since I've been getting a black and white scrolling screen after loading my multigame disc. I'm assuming this is because it is auto detecting it as PAL, however I setup the ISO to be NTSC-U and all of the ISOs on it were NTSC-U also. I don't know why it worked fine moments before, and only after reconnecting I get this error. It might be due to using a different tv, but I really hope a solution becomes available for this problem soon. I want to play Kirby Air Ride XD.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
trio3 said:
hi i just downloaded the GC Backup loader 0.2, but i have no idea what to do with it, as it is not a dol file so i cant run it through homebrew, btw its a .file2 file

did you download it from the blog, make sure you are looking the the zip properly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Dude. Youre misrepresenting numbers to paint a false narrative
    PS5 has outsold xbox by 2:1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got an accurate data chart? The one I'm looking at could be incorrect
    lol. google it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't waive my dick around enough to pretend I'm right about everything
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That did come from Google lol
    google again
    Heres one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay then I could've been looking at wrong charts it happens
    2023 ps5 was outselling xbox by nearly 3:1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But still Xbox is doing well
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Certainly not dying
    Sure, xbox has sold better in some months. But PS5 has annihilated the Xbox in total sales
    I have both so it doesnt really matter to me who sells more.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I predict with more titles coming to Gamepass people will buy more Xbox consoles if they don't already have one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll see hey cod is on Gamepass and go that route
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, if my laptop will be good enough for it, then i might get gamepass to try bo6, not gonna put $70 into it until i know whether or not it's worth
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @SylverReZ 1. lmao 2. meta quests are the renamed oculus quests 3. "I hate Super Monkey Ball"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah just gamestream it if it's that bad
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Make sure you get Gamepass Ultimate version tho, that lets you cloud stream games
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Good morning
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good morning
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One good thing cod got right is transferring profiles through same accounts if coming from other devices
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gonna be playing jedi survivor
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna be playing jedi survivor