Mr Slayer said:
for the black and white problem,

1. start up the backup launcher with a working disc inserted
2. remove the disc
3. put in the black and white disc
4. press A or whatever button you need to press
5. game should be in color

note: i have only tried this once with pokemon xd but i think it works
note: may work for other video problems with backups (havent tested)

What do you mean working disc? Do you mean a legal copy of a game?
And do I have to do this every time I want to use the launcher?
Does anyone know of a permanent fix?

He means burn an NTSC game ALONE, and it will now double as a boot disk.......the multigame iso creator has a bug in which it wil ALWAYS export in PAL format, no matter what, so this is the only way to get the launcher to read your games in ntsc...

Mr Slayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Zaiga said:
Mr Slayer said:
for the black and white problem,

1. start up the backup launcher with a working disc inserted
2. remove the disc
3. put in the black and white disc
4. press A or whatever button you need to press
5. game should be in color

note: i have only tried this once with pokemon xd but i think it works
note: may work for other video problems with backups (havent tested)

What do you mean working disc? Do you mean a legal copy of a game?
And do I have to do this every time I want to use the launcher?
Does anyone know of a permanent fix?
by working disc i mean a backup disc that hasnt had the black and white problem

eg. my pokemon xd backup was in black in white.
my f zero gx backup wasnt.
i put in my f zero gx backup disc.
load up gc backup launcher 0.2 and wait for it to come up with the disc name and loading options.
i take out f zero gx.
i put in pokemon xd and chose my prefered loading option (i chose pal 60 on my pal wii cos im unsure if auto works with my method or puts it back in b&w)
and then the health and safety warning on pokemon xd shows up in b&w but the rest of the game is in color fine.

by the way, is there a wad for 0.2 yet?

Zaiga

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
robman62 said:
He means burn an NTSC game ALONE, and it will now double as a boot disk.......the multigame iso creator has a bug in which it wil ALWAYS export in PAL format, no matter what, so this is the only way to get the launcher to read your games in ntsc...

Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Mr Slayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Shinobi_3 said:
Buzbee said:
I created a WAD for 0.2:

http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?name=Dow...it&lid=5636

if i install this, will it force the region of my wii? i dont want it black and white again.

i will check

btw, thanks for the wad buzbee

i think the black and white problem might be caused byQUOTE(WiiGator @ Mar 23 2009, 11:43 AM)
- The loader will change the screen format in Wii mode to the screen format of the disc inserted at startup (this solves NTSC problems).
so maybe we could pester wiigator to remove that feature

Buzbee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This WAD is useful if you don't want to go through the homebrew channel to launch. Otherwise, there is no difference.

I tried Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness NTSC. It plays in NTSC for me. I do not have this black & white problem some users keep complaining about. All my disks are NOT multigame discs (which could have the force PAL problem). All are are mini dvd-r. I am also patching v4 of the miospatcher for RCgamecube ONLY. I noticed the miospatcher can't download tmd.4 from Nintendo's servers so it gets skipped. Not sure if this is an issue or not.

- The loader will change the screen format in Wii mode to the screen format of the disc inserted at startup (this solves NTSC problems). is probably conflicting with starfall, preloader, etc. Any program that is capable of any kind of region changing would be suspect whether its for Wii mode or GC mode.

Did anyone notice there is a mios 9 on Nintendo's servers:

MIOS Version 9
http://nus.cdn.shop.wii.com/ccs/download/0...100000101/tmd.9 copy to SD /00000001/00000101/v9/tmd.9
http://nus.cdn.shop.wii.com/ccs/download/0...0100000101/cetk copy to SD /00000001/00000101/v9/cetk
http://nus.cdn.shop.wii.com/ccs/download/0...000101/00000009 copy to SD /00000001/00000101/v9/00000009
http://nus.cdn.shop.wii.com/ccs/download/0...000101/0000000A copy to SD /00000001/00000101/v9/0000000A

This has been out since the 3.4 update last November. Wonder why everyone's using mios v8 or earlier.

nyboy42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after i made the update, the gamecube games seem to have a problem reading saved files from that were made on the previous launcher...i dont think saved files that were made using the previous launcher are compatible with this new release. Please look into this. Also, is there anyway to downgrade back to the previous launcher? Thank you

DeviousTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
argh, the backup launcher is working fine (sorta), but all the original gamecube games (so the small gamecube sized discs) don't work, is this normal ? anyway to fix? ive had the gc backup launcher since it first came out and the gc discs didnt work on the early backup launcher versions, and it doesnt work on this latest one either.

Mr Slayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
nyboy42 said:
after i made the update, the gamecube games seem to have a problem reading saved files from that were made on the previous launcher...i dont think saved files that were made using the previous launcher are compatible with this new release. Please look into this. Also, is there anyway to downgrade back to the previous launcher? Thank you
Backup launcher 0.1 theta saves arent read when using 0.1 xi or 0.2

i heard you can fix this by renaming your save files but i havent tested it

i just load my old saves with the 0.1 theta and my new ones with 0.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry, idk what you mean by a space cake, and even if i did, i'm not really taking requests right now, because otherwise people will get mad at me for taking a request but not making a birthday cake for @Xdqwerty (i'm sorry for that btw bro)
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan lies, you just want to smoke it

:rofl2:
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi: +2