Gaming Gameboy Advance SP AGS 001 Black Bars.

sp957

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I have an old AGS 001 Gameboy Advance SP. I did a housing change on it (silver to black), and foolishly changed the screen lens a couple of days ago. I did not think much of it at the time, but later learned the lesson that dust will get trapped in that screen if you open it.

Anyway, the AGS 001 lighting never bothered me. I was fine with it. The dust was bothering me though. So I bought another screen of eBay for $10.00 to replace my old one. This one was never opened and is in good condition.

The only issue I have are these black bars and some backdrops.

I am playing in a dark place with no other lighting. These black bars move around if I move the screen. You can only really see these during dark screens and no so much during brighter screens.

I am not sure what this is? Is this a defective screen? Or are my eyes deceiving me? Did I install the screen wrong? Anything I can do to fix this?

The picture on the left is my old dusty screen with a few black bars. The picture on the right is the newer and cleaner screen with more black bars and some back drops.

6set.jpg

Keep in mind the camera does overdue the effects of the black bars and back drops. It is not that bad in person.

EDIT: Also, I think it is worth mentioning I am using an EZ Flash IV, so these are not clean games, but I don't think that is an issue.

sp957

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like damaged ribbon cable.

Try cleaning contacts on ribbon cable.
I tried that, but still the same.

After inspecting it some more, I don't think it is a coloring/display issue, more of a lighting issue. It seems as though the side lighting is casting some reflections, which makes the screen look like it has a backdrop and some black bars. It is really only noticeable in dark areas.

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried that, but still the same.

After inspecting it some more, I don't think it is a coloring/display issue, more of a lighting issue. It seems as though the side lighting is casting some reflections, which makes the screen look like it has a backdrop and some black bars. It is really only noticeable in dark areas.

The Screen front light may be weak or not place properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)