Suggestion Game Tag

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was just thinking... that it would be a nice feature to have a "Game Tag" instead of a signature. But the user can choose between displaying either a signature or it's "Gamer Tag".

This "Game Tag" would be something that GBATEMP suggest to use instead of a signature.

The "Game Tag" will be a fill-in credential that a user can fill with Friend Codes, what game you're currently playing, a background picture, contact information, etc. and a report button in order to prevent abuse/offensive/non-gaming related content.

If this kind of feature exist somewhere already, the benefits of having an in-site feature, would be, ease of use/convenience, avoid using second party sites, and security, but most importantly, because GBATEMP is a gaming forum.
So why not use game oriented features?

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I believe we used to have something along those lines in the profile page but I don't remember it being used very often and the list grew a tad too long what with the various services and social media options popping up over the years. I think with enough demand, it could be something to be considered and revisited

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
GUYS GUYS!

UPVOTE! UPVOTE!
:grog::bow::hrth:
I believe we used to have something along those lines in the profile page but I don't remember it being used very often and the list grew a tad too long what with the various services and social media options popping up over the years. I think with enough demand, it could be something to be considered and revisited

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Do you seriously believe that people who are unable to can to bring the feature to ignore (forums, threads, users) to a sane working state are able to do (to add) something new and decent?
But since it's still a good idea, then here's my vote up.

Reactions: JuanMena

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do you seriously believe that people who are unable to can to bring the feature to ignore (forums, threads, users) to a sane working state are able to do (to add) something new and decent?
But since it's still a good idea, then here's my vote up.
Thanks for your angry upvote.
:grog::yay:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused, what about this is not something already possible with the way signatures currently work? If you want people to know what game you're playing or what your Switch friend code is or whatever you can just, y'know, put that in your signature now? Do you really need text boxes to do that?

You can format it however you like already with fairly minor limitations, adding some pre-made feature that is described here seems absolutely pointless and a waste of time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1