All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Genre: Any except sports
Exceptions: Fast-paced games. Touch screen only games (not including games with control schemes that include both buttons and touch).
Other Additional Info: My left arm is broken and I don't always have access to a flat enough surface to put the DS on and play games with, so entirely one-handed games are preferred.

Genre Games suited for a 7 year old
Exceptions text heavy games, as my nephew is just learning to read ;)
Other additional info I was thinking of Super Scribblenauts and maybe a Bomberman game so far. We once played a Bomberman game and he really liked that. Which other games would you recommend for a 7 year old?

Edit: What about Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky? Or might that be too text dependent? Never played one of these.
Mystery Dungeon games may be acceptable, but have a surprising amount of text during cutscenes. Do a test run with him, to see if he can at least figure out where to go after a cutscene ends.
Super Scribblenauts is very text-dependent, but it would be appropriate as it's only dependent in the sense that it requires you to input names of objects. Bomberman would also be appropriate, as it has little to no text in game beyond the menus.
Big Bang Mini might be a good game, as well as WarioWare: Touched! and New Super Mario Bros., as all three of these games have little text except for WarioWare...which you have to be able to read fast or be able to understand a minigame in a short amount of time (or both). However, I still find it acceptable because it's really easy to get into anyway.

Charli

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Mystery Dungeon games may be acceptable, but have a surprising amount of text during cutscenes. Do a test run with him, to see if he can at least figure out where to go after a cutscene ends.
Super Scribblenauts is very text-dependent, but it would be appropriate as it's only dependent in the sense that it requires you to input names of objects. Bomberman would also be appropriate, as it has little to no text in game beyond the menus.
Big Bang Mini might be a good game, as well as WarioWare: Touched! and New Super Mario Bros., as all three of these games have little text except for WarioWare...which you have to be able to read fast or be able to understand a minigame in a short amount of time (or both). However, I still find it acceptable because it's really easy to get into anyway.

Thanks! Big Bang Mini sounds like a nice little gem. I guess I'll get him a Bomberman and Super Mario game, next year maybe Pokémon Mystery Dungeon.

Genre: Any except sports
Exceptions: Fast-paced games. Touch screen only games (not including games with control schemes that include both buttons and touch).
Other Additional Info: My left arm is broken and I don't always have access to a flat enough surface to put the DS on and play games with, so entirely one-handed games are preferred.
Peggle should be playable with only one arm and it can be a really addicting time killer. There is no kind of time pressure so you can take your time to control it with one hand.
The Lonewolf Homebrew series is also really great. They're like an interactive book.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Peggle should be playable with only one arm and it can be a really addicting time killer. There is no kind of time pressure so you can take your time to control it with one hand.
The Lonewolf Homebrew series is also really great. They're like an interactive book.
I tried Lone Wolf DS, but I just couldn't get into it...

Peggle is really great, but I have that on my laptop, and it's basically the same thing.

Click This

Surgite!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Genre: SRPG

Exceptions: Fire Emblem series, FF Tactics, SMT, Battleship, Advance Wars, Yggdra Union
Other additional info: The closer the game is to Fire Emblem/Advance wars style, the better! :D

takitam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola

Exceptions: Fire Emblem series, FF Tactics, SMT, Battleship, Advance Wars, Yggdra Union
Other additional info: The closer the game is to Fire Emblem/Advance wars style, the better! :D

Disgaea, Drone Tactics, Front Mission may work ;) plus Tom Clancy's EndWar

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

• Knights in the Nightmare
  • Disgaea DS
  • Pokemon Conquest
  • Luminous Arc
  • Luminous Arc 2
  • Luminous Arc 3 (J) -- Translation going on in this thread on the Luminous Arc forums. Apparently there's a patch on page 18, but it isn't very complete.
  • ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat (J) -- Translation is complete but has since been abandoned, but there's a partially incomplete prepatched ROM out there somewhere from what I can see, if you really want to play and don't care that it was most likely a beta of the patch, which isn't supposed to be distributed by the beta testers...

dabuthegreat

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, I'm a new guy. :) I'm looking for some games for my DSLite.

Genre Real-Time Strategy
Exceptions Robocalypse, Anno, Viva Pinata, Lego Battles
Other additional info gameplay similar to Command & Conquer or Starcraft maybe...? With base building and source gathering, more complex than Robocalypse. I don't think there's anything like that out there, but I'd like to know.

Genre Turn-based Strategy
Exceptions Advance Wars, Civilization Revolution
Other additional info NOT story-based, without RPG elements. If possible, similar to Heroes of Might and Magic, with base building and source gathering.

Genre RPG/Adventure
Exceptions Tales of Innocence
Other additional info fully voiced, if possible - can be translated to English

If you know games like that on 3DS, you can post them here - maybe I'll buy that console for them ;)

bialy_gibson

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Welcome!

Genre Turn-based Strategy
Exceptions Advance Wars, Civilization Revolution
Other additional info NOT story-based, without RPG elements. If possible, similar to Heroes of Might and Magic, with base building and source gathering.

Age of Empires - The Age of Kings/Mythologies

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Um, new flashcart, so... Requesting help with something bizarre.

Genre - Anything
Exceptions - Nothing, unless 'bad games' counts.
Other Info - This is where this request gets weird. TL;DR version, I'm waiting for my DSi's d-pad to get fixed, so I need a game I can play that can be controlled [and finished] either by:
A. Touchscreen only
B. Touchscreen + Face Buttons and/or Shoulder Buttons only [or the face buttons have the same function as the d-pad]
I mean, I know you can play Layton Series, Ace Attorney Series, 999 (9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors) which use option A; TWEWY (The World Ends With You) coz of option B [or alternately, let the AI control the top screen]. I'm looking for something whose controls are in the same vein.
Also, I only got to play DS games until like mid 2011 or something, so don't be afraid to suggest anything I might have missed.

Thanks, guys.

Red_Savarin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Genre - Anything
Other Info - This is where this request gets weird. TL;DR version, I'm waiting for my DSi's d-pad to get fixed, so I need a game I can play that can be controlled [and finished] either by:
A. Touchscreen only
B. Touchscreen + Face Buttons and/or Shoulder Buttons only [or the face buttons have the same function as the d-pad]
I mean, I know you can play Layton Series, Ace Attorney Series, 999 (9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors) which use option A; TWEWY (The World Ends With You) coz of option B [or alternately, let the AI control the top screen]. I'm looking for something whose controls are in the same vein.
Also, I only got to play DS games until like mid 2011 or something, so don't be afraid to suggest anything I might have missed.

Thanks, guys.

You Have Infinite Space http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_Space , Time Hollow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Hollow, more like vn's, time hollow is quick to pass and infinite space well i have a good 60 hours in game.

Slamicite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Genre - Anything
A. Touchscreen only

Thanks, guys.
I think Ghost Trick should work. WarioWare Touched and Zelda: Phantom Hourglass too, but you probably know about those already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: