Gaming Game Suggestions

nemt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I don't really like Metroid games and I've played N+ and I'm not really a fan. Time Hollow looks great, I'm adding that to my list, are there any more games like that? Hotel Dusk is the game I'm most excited to play besides GTA.

Already have Puzzle Quest on XBLA, love the game. I'll be sure to check out those other hidden image games too.

Any other RPGs you would suggest? I've heard, in a huge plot twist (a new Sonic game being good) the new Sonic RPG from Bioware is very good.

IzzehO

Trophies
XP
Country
Expect to be fairly disappointed in GTA (I didn't like it at all in comparison to the GBA ones..). Sonic RPG from bioware? hmmm released already? I haven't heard anything about it. I said it on the last page: if you really want some great RPGs just get the SNES emulator and boot up some old school snes roms
biggrin.gif

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IzzehO said:
Expect to be fairly disappointed in GTA (I didn't like it at all in comparison to the GBA ones..). Sonic RPG from bioware? hmmm released already? I haven't heard anything about it. I said it on the last page: if you really want some great RPGs just get the SNES emulator and boot up some old school snes roms
biggrin.gif
You're the only one as far as I'm concerned.

nemt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are GTA games on GBA? I didn't know that. GTA1 and 2 are some of my favorite games ever, so if it's the top down thing that bothers you it won't really matter to me.

Ventus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Genre Action RPG
Exceptions FFCC: RoF/EoT, Avalon Code, Children of Mana
Other additional info I love games such as Secret of Mana, Sword of Mana and the two FFCC-games for the Nintendo DS. I think Avalon Code and Children of Mana stinks though, if that's helping.

Ventus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dwight said:
Soma Bringer?
It looks very promising. More than expected, actually.
Unfortunately, it merely exists in Japanese. And as a swedish inhabitant, I don't understand a single japanese character. Except for the sun... =P

Thanks!

Just noticed the translation project on this site. I'm just going to learn how to use it and then I'll try the gameplay. ^^

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Ventus said:
Genre Action RPG
Other additional info I love games such as Secret of Mana, Sword of Mana and the two FFCC-games for the Nintendo DS. I think Avalon Code and Children of Mana stinks though, if that's helping.
You may want to try Soma Bringer and Heroes of Mana. There is a patch for Soma Bringer that translated around 95% of all text into English, making it fully playable.

Also, there's Ys I & II if you like those games. Pokemon Ranger 1 and 2 if you're into Pokemon... I think Spectrobes is also ARPG. I heard the first one is "meh", but the second one is good.

Ventus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
War said:
Ventus said:
Genre Action RPG
You may want to try Soma Bringer and Heroes of Mana. There is a patch for Soma Bringer that translated around 95% of all text into English, making it fully playable.

Also, there's Ys I & II if you like those games. Pokemon Ranger 1 and 2 if you're into Pokemon... I think Spectrobes is also ARPG. I heard the first one is "meh", but the second one is good.
Isn't Heroes of Mana a real time strategy of some sort?

I'm into Pokémon, although not the Ranger series. And ever since I tried my brothers Spectrobes out I've gone sick whenever I've heard of it. Yes, it is indeed that catastrophically bad.

I'll try out "Ys" (what kind of name is that anyway?). Based on the screenshots I've seen around so far it looks rather similar to Sword of Mana, although with a bit more repeatitive environment. =)

Thanks!

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Genre :Any genre EXCEPT RPG...
Exceptions No
Other additional info: I like to play some game that let me relax or let me happy...I dun wan the games that make me nervous...

Hope anyone can help me...

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ericling said:
Genre :Any genre EXCEPT RPG...
Exceptions No
Other additional info: I like to play some game that let me relax or let me happy...I dun wan the games that make me nervous...

Hope anyone can help me...
That's extremely broad, but for games that make you happy... I'm going to have to go with:
Ouendan/EBA
Wario Ware
Nintendogs?
Chibi Robo: Park Patrol
PEGGLE

Peggle is bolded because it's awesome.
Hope that helped
yaynds.gif

DARKSHIDARA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ericling

hmm no rpgs
well try:
megaman zx advent
castlevania order of ecclecia
ninja gaiden dragon sword
metal slug 7
speed racer
trackmania
mario kart ds
new super mario bros
custom robo arena
super dodgeball brawlers
space invaders extreme........

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Genre: Tactical RPG
Exceptions: Front Mission, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2
Additional info: I love the two previous mentioned games, and am thinking of starting Luminous arc. Any other TRPG's out there?

JBW

Trophies
XP
Country
Genre: An RPG or a Racer
Exceptions: Pokemon, GRID, Mario Kart, FF.
Additional info; I'd like a game that I can really get stuck into and that will take over my life like Mario Kart did
smile.gif

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JBW said:
Genre: An RPG or a Racer
Exceptions: Pokemon, GRID, Mario Kart, FF.
Additional info; I'd like a game that I can really get stuck into and that will take over my life like Mario Kart did
smile.gif
There's a few good racers on the DS at the moment
If you havent tried out Speed Racer, please do so.
It's actually pretty good for a movie to DS game adaptation.
Trackmania DS wasn't as good as I expected, but it's fun to build your own tracks if you're into that kind of game.

As for RPGs, you probably have to be more specific about which genres (if you prefer one over others) because there are A LOT of really good ones.
If you haven't tried The World Ends With You, it's an awesome game (not sure if it's RPG though). The gameplay is really innovative and interesting.
Hmmm, Soma Bringer is also a good game. It's in Japanese (the rom itself), but you can find a full english translation in the forums.
If you like puzzle games, Professor Layton and also Henry Hatsworth are both great puzzle adventures.
GTA: Chinatown Wars is also a pretty good game (if you like the GTA series).
The Phoenix Wright series are also really fun :]

Anyway, there's a lot more that I missed for games that you can get really stuck into, but you can check out this for a list of Essentials (just basically really good games that everyone likes).

ZeroEXE93

Trophies
Website
ep.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Genre: Beat em' up
Exceptions: Tokyo Beat Down (very boring imo), Viewtiful Joe (decent I guess...)
Other additional info: Anything is fine. Are any of the TMNT games any good btw?

EDIT (don't want to double post
tongue.gif
):
Dwight said:
Genre: Tactical RPG
Exceptions: Front Mission, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2
Additional info: I love the two previous mentioned games, and am thinking of starting Luminous arc. Any other TRPG's out there?
Disgaea DS is one of the best in the genre. However, it is complex and it might take you a while to get used to it. Fire Emblem is also decent but very traditional for a tactical RPG game.

Discord

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Genre: Tactical RPGs
Exceptions: Advance Wars, Front Mission, and any Fire Emblem game.
Additional Information: I'm mostly looking for a mecha/machine/technological type of game.

ZeroEXE93

Trophies
Website
ep.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Discord said:
Genre: Tactical RPGs
Exceptions: Advance Wars, Front Mission, and any Fire Emblem game.
Additional Information: I'm mostly looking for a mecha/machine/technological type of game.
EndWar, Panzer Tactics, Drone Tactics

All of those are good strategy games, but not all have RPG elements.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You can't get the smell of my dick out of your mom either +1